HOLY SH** it's here

jarhead727

Jarhead - how do those tires do in the snow? Did you have a chance to drive a car with the 18's on it before ordering? Just wondering how they compare with the 18's as far as ridequality / harshness. I drove both but not back to back - the 19's seemed a bit stiffer but it didn't seem unfortable.

Does the shark fin antennae work for Sirius? Did you have to give up anything to make this switch?

Looks much cleaner than a buggy whip.

I'm sure it works fine for Sirius. I haven't tried it. It has a coil inside the shark fin just like the one wrapped around the whip. I'll verify for you tomorrow.

Jarhead - how do those tires do in the snow? Did you have a chance to drive a car with the 18's on it before ordering? Just wondering how they compare with the 18's as far as ridequality / harshness. I drove both but not back to back - the 19's seemed a bit stiffer but it didn't seem unfortable.

They are good. I actually tried to spin them in the snow, with AWD they stuck like glue. Not sure how they compare to the 18's but, it rides much better than my grand Cherokee limited on 20's did.

I'm sure it works fine for Sirius. I haven't tried it. It has a coil inside the shark fin just like the one wrapped around the whip. I'll verify for you tomorrow.

Please confirm the antenna works with the Sirius, GPS navigation and with the HD radio?

Looks great but don't want to spend the money if this isn't going to work with everything.

• Like 2

Sirius will work fine (that's the base) but I can't see FM radio working too well. When we get these in from the truck the whip antenna is not installed and in our area it hardly picks up but a few stations.

Yeah, but the ones with the whip aren't designed to be used without it either though.

Huh? That's what I am saying. When they are shipped they don't have the whip installed on them yet, and reception sucks until the whip is installed.

What I'm saying is that you can't compare the sharkfin to the whip assembly with the whip not installed. The sharkfin is designed to work without the whip. As stated, might not work as well as a full mast antenna, but it'll be better than the factory antenna with the whip removed.

Not to mention HD radio which I'm sure requires a solid connection.

To answer the: "If you have Sirius who cares!"

You obviously have never heard the quality of sound difference between Sirius and HD or even FM with a good signal. It's like night and day, I never listen to music on Sirius, only sports or talk.

Update. Sirius and fm radio are working with car parked in garage and garage door closed.

Installation is very easy. Unscrew antenna whip. Set shark fin over the black antenna base, lined up and squared. Put masking tape around it to mark position. Remove shark fin. Clean area with alcohol . Heat with hair dryer( if car is cold). Use screw provided to tie pig tail to black antenna base, where you unscrew the whip. Take double side tap off of shark fin. Place over base where you marked it. Press firmly on front,then back for one minute each. Done. As I said there is a coiled pigtail that ties into black base, at the other end of the pigtail it ties into the shark fin. Where it ties into the shark fin there is a thin flat copper grid that is on the inside top that acts as the antenna.

Found a pic online. Looks similar to this on the inside. I have no worries about reception.

47877b357a9a2f3339783a6ed2817347.jpg

Edited by jarhead727
  • Like 1

Not to mention HD radio which I'm sure requires a solid connection.

To answer the: "If you have Sirius who cares!"

You obviously have never heard the quality of sound difference between Sirius and HD or even FM with a good signal. It's like night and day, I never listen to music on Sirius, only sports or talk.

Live in Canada - hick town so there's no such thing as HD radio. haha

Maybe in the bigger cities ( Vancouver, Ontario, etc ) but not in the mountains where I live :D