January 7 is here! Post updates on Fusion Hybrid Titanium scheduling here

elle

On their website they show a Ruby Red... How can I buy this? None of the "online" site they list have this colour available???

http://www.greenlighttoys.com/gl1-34.html

If you look on this site (I know nothing about this particular site other than a search for the part number on the internet), it says April-May for the Ruby Red. Oh, the irony...

http://www.3000toys.com/catalog/products.asp?MFG=GREENLIGHT&SCALE=1/43

• Like 1

If you look on this site (I know nothing about this particular site other than a search for the part number on the internet), it says April-May for the Ruby Red. Oh, the irony...

http://www.3000toys.com/catalog/products.asp?MFG=GREENLIGHT&SCALE=1/43

That's too funny!!!

That's the story of my life!

Apparently this site will only ship to Canada if I spend $50 or more... Come on... This car is only $12

Edited by JSKershaw

Hi Everyone,

I've been following this thread for awhile and finally thought I should register and add my two cents to the madness. I talked to my saleman last weekend and he told me he doesn't hear anything official other than rumors but the last he heard was a March or April timeframe for the car. Personally I'm probably going to hang in there because the weather in Cleveland is so bad I would almost rather wait for all of the salt to come off the roads first. I've waited this long, what's another month or two!

Glad I didn't continue to wait. It might have been worth it if I hadn't had a car to sell. April delivery would have marked four years since I bought the Prius. I probably would have another 2k miles on it and would be worth at least $1000 less. I'll be happy for those of you who do still plan to wait for the Titanium when they do finally get here, though. One thing I am certain of is that you will love your Fusions.

• Like 1

I would like to know what's causing the delay from Jan 7 to Mar 4. Is it because they want to build them in Flat Rock? How do you guys feel about that? It doesn't make me feel that warm and fuzzy because they're just hiring people for that third shift now. Now much experience can they get before our cars are built? I have a feeling the quality on these Fusions will initially suffer until things get up to speed ....

I would like to know what's causing the delay from Jan 7 to Mar 4. Is it because they want to build them in Flat Rock? How do you guys feel about that?

Wasn't the plan to have Flat Rock augment the production of conventional Fusions, while all Hybrid/Energi would still be done in Hermosillo? I know I read that in an article somewhere, but that was several months ago. Of course things may have changed since then, who knows.

Wasn't the plan to have Flat Rock augment the production of conventional Fusions, while all Hybrid/Energi would still be done in Hermosillo? I know I read that in an article somewhere, but that was several months ago. Of course things may have changed since then, who knows.

Yeah, that was the plan and still is! Someone posted on FB that Hybrid Ti will be built in Flat Rock, but that's false.

Samantha Hoyt just tweeted that they will be built in Hermosillo :)

https://twitter.com/sammyhoyt/status/297355519188951040

Edited by neod192

I would like to know what's causing the delay from Jan 7 to Mar 4. Is it because they want to build them in Flat Rock? How do you guys feel about that? It doesn't make me feel that warm and fuzzy because they're just hiring people for that third shift now. Now much experience can they get before our cars are built? I have a feeling the quality on these Fusions will initially suffer until things get up to speed ....

As I understand it ... the Jan 7 date was the date to begin scheduling and not production - with production likely to start in Feb.

Now that is delayed about a month. Not the worse news.

Hope it comes to pass. Dum spiro spero.

As I understand it ... the Jan 7 date was the date to begin scheduling and not production - with production likely to start in Feb.

Now that is delayed about a month. Not the worse news.

Hope it comes to pass. Dum spiro spero.

Dates have changed quite a bit but for a while (like late Nov) the "official rumour" in these forums pointed to production starting in Jan 7th. With scheduling sometime before that, late in Dec, before the Xmas break.

I remember clearly because at that point it was clear I would only get my SE order in early Jan (and, I did, on Jan 3rd) and, for a while, I seriously considered reordering as Ti, since the additional delay could be, with luck, only a month or so.

Yes, the original time frame I was told was scheduling likely to start in November and production in December. Then that was pushed back a few times. The "big deal" is that I had my old car appraised in November for $14,500 and it had already depreciated significantly when I picked up my SE this week. If I waited another two months (not one month, two months) who knows how much more money I would be losing? I budgeted for this purchase based on my best guess of when the car would arrive. As it is, I am paying more per month than I originally wanted to.

Edited by elle

News to me ... been around through that time and must have missed that official rumor.

Happy I did - as it would have only added to my disappointment at the delay.

It's all a bit academic and it's easy to get lost as the dates change so much.

But linked thread(s) was what I was referring to as "official rumour" of production starting Jan 7th.

It seemed pretty reliable, at the time.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51746-actual-2013-ford-fusion-hybrid-titanium-production-start-date/

But I am hopeful you'll all get your Ti Hybrids in (early) April. And those who wait will love it.

For me it would have been the wrong decision - 3 additional months of waiting for a difference that boils down to a few (nice, I must say) interior features.

On the exterior, on balance I actually like the SE with luxury package/wheels marginally better than the Hybrid Ti with stock wheels.

At least under daylight. At night, you can't see the wheels and the Ti has cooler looking taillights :-)

• Like 1

Definately made sense for you to opt for the SE then ... Plus you have the Dune interior you could not get in the Ti trim.

Yes! And it's funny, because I didn't think I wanted that color, but I really do love it. It makes the inside of the car seem more spacious and luxurious, and the leather really stands out. Since I spend far more time inside the car than admiring the outside, I couldn't be more pleased with the changes I ended up making in order to "compromise" on this car. It's no compromise at all.

ETA: I also really like the wheels I ended up with. All in all, it's a class act. But they all will be.

Edited by elle