Back from the dealer. Door and logo issue.

boudhaquebec

Hi everybody. Yesterday I lost my Escape for the day at the dealer. The main reason was a cracked windshield. Not Ford's fault of course. Got a small rock at the bottom between the wipers that made a small hole, even bent a wiper, then it craked in all directions from the hole.These new windshields are so thin it's amazing. No wonder it cracked like that. But it's cheaper than I thought. Under $350.00.

As long as I had an appointment, I asked them to look at the 4 door handles that would stick open when cold and humid. Also the passenger's back door that wouldn't close (frozen latch) 2 times during the holidays. The first time I managed to close it and the second time, I was lucky to have someone with me that held the stupid door with 2 hands till I got home... Great for a 40k car...

They took all 4 doors apart and lubricated all the parts.The service manager told me that the robots didn't do their job properly. All the parts were practicly bare. No wonder it froze he said. That seems to be fixed now. But of course it's not as cold now... Anyway, we'll see...

The other thing I asked them to look at was my "ECOBOOST/4WD" logo under the "TITANIUM" badge on the back door. I noticed a few weeks ago that I couln't see the"4WD" anymore. Looking closely, I saw that even some of the blue and green was peeling off the words also. Now it's completely blank. The manager told me I was the first to ask for that. Of course, none in stock. Has to be ordered .So I'll pay them them another visit when they receive it.

• 4 months later...