Starting to get impatient on custom order.

eloman

Custom ordered a 2013 F150 on 23 Oct 2013. I am now at about 14 weeks from my order date. I have ordered from other Ford dealers in the past and it usually has taken 6 ~ 8 weeks to receive the ordered vehicle. The last time I asked the dealer was a couple weeks ago; and they could not give me any information of when to expect delivery (no build date, no VIN #, nothing), as usual they said they would call me when they get any info.

This is the first time purchasing a vehicle from this dealer; they are in a small town and a very small dealership that has been around several years with a good reputation. The owner is the sales manager and one of the two salesmen, also he is not too comfortable using computers/emails/texting. I really liked the easygoing mood at this dealership, and they gave me a good fair price on the F150 that I ordered.

Am I wrong to start getting impatient with this dealer, or is this 14-week custom vehicle order timeframe not unusual from Ford?

• 2 weeks later...

I will pickup the ordered truck February 23, material shortage held up the build date. This was a much longer wait than I was expecting, but it will not keep me from ordering my next Ford truck in about 4-5 years. I am very particular of the exact way I want a truck, never can find the color/options/price in dealer(s) inventory that will ever satisfy me.

Even though it may have taken longer to get the truck from this small dealership, this has been the best experience I have ever had purchasing a vehicle. I only had to talk to one person (the owner) to settle on a price and make the order, about 20 minuets total time.

• Like 1

I deal with a small dealership myself. They are hands down the best. They will help me in anyway possible, even when my vehicle is out of warranty. I've tried the big dealers. They don't care about the customer, you are just a sale to them. Enjoy the new truck.