New to Ford, waiting on Fusion Energi

TechOps

Hi,

I'm from San Francisco. Driving an Audi S4 w/ 340HP V8. Making a total eco change over to Fusion Energi, so I'm going green, but not in the Nissan Leaf or Prius style which I find quite unappealing.

I'm very impressed with the hundreds of $$millions that Ford has been pouring into R&D, and it shows in the fleet lineup. Very happy to be buying American this time around.

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm from San Francisco. Driving an Audi S4 w/ 340HP V8. Making a total eco change over to Fusion Energi, so I'm going green, but not in the Nissan Leaf or Prius style which I find quite unappealing.

I'm very impressed with the hundreds of $$millions that Ford has been pouring into R&D, and it shows in the fleet lineup. Very happy to be buying American this time around.

Hey Tech Ops I'm in the same boat. '08 Dodge Magnum Hemi 340hp. Will be hard to let it go. But that electric power is addicting in a complete different, but ethical way-- leaning towards euphoric-- there are so many monumental pluses in plugging in that I won't go into here. But the FFE will be our 2nd plug-in. I'm impressed with the quietness, comfort and technology of the FFE(based on FF Titanium and CMAX Energi test drives). It takes some sting out of not springing extra $$$$ for a Tesla, for sure.

I think you made the right choice ... got your garage wiring/charger all ready?

Not yet but working on a level 2 setup. I own a condo, so I can't get an owner/builder permit, and so working with some electricians to get a quote to install a second meter and the rest of the setup, but don't have that process completed yet.

On the upside, the municipal parking lot near my work is wired up with a charger -- which right now is free. So I have at least one half of my commute electrified..

Hey Tech Ops I'm in the same boat. '08 Dodge Magnum Hemi 340hp. Will be hard to let it go. But that electric power is addicting in a complete different, but ethical way-- leaning towards euphoric-- there are so many monumental pluses in plugging in that I won't go into here. But the FFE will be our 2nd plug-in. I'm impressed with the quietness, comfort and technology of the FFE(based on FF Titanium and CMAX Energi test drives). It takes some sting out of not springing extra $$$$ for a Tesla, for sure.

Yep, I was looking at Teslas, until I used their price configuration tool and added it up..OUCH! I can afford an $80k car, but I just don't see the value. There are so many other cars I would buy first at that price.

The FFE (and FFH) are a very refined package and excellent value. The fact the vehicle comes from a European design give it a nice feel in terms of suspension and mechanicals. Like.

• 4 weeks later...