Active Grille Shutter

ticholas

I got mine November 20, 2012, Titanium, FWD. It has the shutters. I don't believe it's random. My guess is the AWD has more load on the engine with the additional weight and parasitic loss, and so needs more cooling. And I think etis is pretty accurate, except for the rear seat belt thing. Just spend a little time with the data.

Can anyone out there with AWD prove me wrong?

I got mine November 20, 2012, Titanium, FWD. It has the shutters. I don't believe it's random. My guess is the AWD has more load on the engine with the additional weight and parasitic loss, and so needs more cooling. And I think etis is pretty accurate, except for the rear seat belt thing. Just spend a little time with the data.

Can anyone out there with AWD prove me wrong?

I'm pretty sure Strike said he has the shutters and his is AWD. He is in Canadia though, so that may change things a bit. :)

I think etis is pretty accurate, except for the rear seat belt thing. Just spend a little time with the data.

Interesting to hear others have seen a rear-seat-belt problem in ETIS. I thought I was the only one.

ETIS also says my car is missing ("less") ESC, but I'm pretty sure that must be wrong. Anyone else seen that problem?

• 3 years later...

I just got a 2016 Escape Titanium...no shutters...I downloaded the Ford Escape brochure and it clearly states that active shutters are not available on the 2.0L engine. It IS available on the other two.

They probably need the additional air...the 2.0L probably doesn't benefit much from it.

Good. One less thing to break!

:)

post-55600-0-29914100-1464733204_thumb.jpg