Paint Sealant and Corrosion proofing

CMXNRG

What are your thoughts on the paint sealant and corrosion proofing offered by Ford Dealers. Is it worth it?

Are you referring to the $500. protection that I've seen on the Ruby Red and metallic White paints, or to something the dealer actually applies? This is something I'm considering for our Ice Storm when it arrives as we have had problems with metallic paints fading to the metal in the south Florida sun.

Thanks.

Are you referring to the $500. protection that I've seen on the Ruby Red and metallic White paints, or to something the dealer actually applies? This is something I'm considering for our Ice Storm when it arrives as we have had problems with metallic paints fading to the metal in the south Florida sun.

Thanks.

You should get paint protection but do NOT get it from the dealer. Their prices are total ripoffs. You can get the same or better paint protection from a detailer for $100 or less.

Dealer is offering that they apply paint sealant and under coating (spray on or electric module) for $995 plus and window tinting for $250. I new we could get under coating or tinting for less through third party shops. Didn't know that paint sealer was also available form detail shops.

Thanks. That (non-dealer) was what we were looking at. We're looking at window tinting also. I think one place offered both.

be sure to get the tint with heat shield . this will keep your car protected from the uv rays and keep it a lot cooler. regular tint does none of these.

Great info, dozeman. We were looking at a 3M installer. They do paint protection for some areas of the vehicle. We definitely want heat block, but three types are listed. If you or any reader has any experience, I'd love to get advice. We've lived in this heat for over 30 years but never did the window tints. (We also had a steel carport built to help protect our new car which we will see one day). My hands are getting a little too arthritic to keep scrubbing those lovebugs off the grill and side mirrors even with the very effective dryer sheet method.

Any help from any reader is greatly appreciated.