Fuse 67 pull, Pain in the a$$!

blockisle9

I decided to try the fuse pull for the first time today in hopes it stops or at least makes the system not switch back to the USB flash drive almost every time I restart the car (I doubt it though, but worth a shot).

If this helps, I've got to figure a easer way to do this.

I'm wondering if they make a fuse extender? Something that plugs into the fuse block with the pair of wires coming off of it with a inline fuse. Then I could just add a longer wire to that, add a switch and leave in in the glovebox.

I'm open to any other suggestions.

Thank you

Lenny

MFT 3.5.1

Take a look at the WirthCo 30001 Fuse Tap Kit or something similar to it. Burn out the original fuse, use two taps to extend wires to a switch located at your convenience, and don't forget a to add back in an appropriate fuse back into the line.

Have you tried a different USB drive? Reason I ask is that the port itself is very loose fitting and if the sync system looses connectivity for a brief moment it thinks a new drive is inserted and changes input to it. We had the same problem until I replaced the USB drive with one of the microSD adaptors with a microSD card in it. Much smaller than a typical thumb drive. No more vibration and no more input switching.

Just a 'been there and done that' thought.