Residual Predictions on The Edge (need help w/ Order) - Tow Package and Premium Wheels.

spacescape

Obviously we don't have FIRM pricing yet on the Edge but we do have online pricing.

I ordered an Edge SE last week w/ the Trailer Tow Package and Convenience Group.

They offered to order a similar configured SEL so if by chance it leases better I could have my choice (This will be my six car and they are trying to accommodate me so I don't move to another brand of vehicles).

So, I also ordered a Edge SEL in Blazing Copper Metallic w/ FWD. I ordered it w/ the Trailer Tow Package & Reverse sensing and opted w/ the standard 17" rims. Seeing I've only towed w/ my 2004 explorer about 2-3 times in two years and could technically use my sisters Escape if I needed to I'm considering removing this option (I can still revise my order). I am also considering upgrading the wheels to 18" rims.

I don't 100% understand rates and residuals but I know that some of these options could be just a few dollars a month (on a 36 month lease). Would it be worth it to keep the trailer tow package on the vehicle? Has anyone seeing an Edge w/ the 17" rims? I like the pattern but I've only seen pictures of the SEL w/ the Premium wheels.

Here are what the options cost:

Reverse Sensing System - $220.00

Trailer Towing Package - $320.00

18" Painted Wheels - $360.00

18" Chrome-Clad Wheels - $680.00

Oh, and has anyone seen the Rear Cargo Management System? It's only $60.00 and just wonder if it's a practical option to have seeing my wife will most likely be using this vehicle during the week.

So, what do you guys think the 17" rims will look like on the SEL? Would it be best to get the 18" rims (painted or chrome)? Also, for $320, is it best to just keep the trailer tow package. Even at 50% residual (not understanding how percentage works I would think the reverse sensing system would be about $3 / month, trailer tow package about $4-$5 / month, 18" painted rims about $5 / month and the 18" premium wheels about $9-10 a month. However, I'm being told that certain options might be worth it to have seeing it may only cost about $10-$20 to have a really nice looking truck. However, I really would like to keep my payment around what I'm already paying for my 2004 XLT Sport.

I know this is a crap shoot but does anyone have any suggestions on HOW I should spec out my SEL order w/ an estimate what they options may or may not cost? Anyone have any photos of an Edge w/ the 17" rims?

Thanks!

Bill

I'm planning on buying almost the same Edge, color and all. For me, if there is any doubt, I'd get the towing package. I won't be towing maybe once a year on the Edge. Small 14ft boat at that. But I want one for my bike rack. It plugs into the receiver. So that way you're not strapping anything to the vehicle.

But to see the rims, do a "Build and Price" off the Ford site. When you get to the rims section, you can click on the More Info link and see each. Personally, I want the painted rims. I'd rather have 17" rims though. More sidewall and "should" be a bit softer ride. But I have painted rims on my Ford truck and those hold up to the road chips better than the standard rims. No fading of color or anything either. Chrome may chip or peel and be more noticable too. So I'm going for painted rims.

http://www80.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/F...amp;sBrand=ford

I'm planning on buying almost the same Edge, color and all. For me, if there is any doubt, I'd get the towing package. I won't be towing maybe once a year on the Edge. Small 14ft boat at that. But I want one for my bike rack. It plugs into the receiver. So that way you're not strapping anything to the vehicle.

But to see the rims, do a "Build and Price" off the Ford site. When you get to the rims section, you can click on the More Info link and see each. Personally, I want the painted rims. I'd rather have 17" rims though. More sidewall and "should" be a bit softer ride. But I have painted rims on my Ford truck and those hold up to the road chips better than the standard rims. No fading of color or anything either. Chrome may chip or peel and be more noticable too. So I'm going for painted rims.

http://www80.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/F...amp;sBrand=ford

Thanks... Actually, my dad has offered me a nice bike rack that goes off the back of a trailer hitch... Might be nice if we take a day trip... For the small cost I will LEAVE the trailer hitch.

Actually, my wife likes the look of the 17" rims so maybe we will keep those as is.

Bill

Hmm, I just noticed the 17's are painted too. I missed that the first time. Personally, I like the 17's better too. I'll have to remember that come ordering time.

I'm actually hoping the dealer will have one on hand when they start putting them on the lots. I think I'll be calling my dealer up and tell him what I want so he can order it.

But my problem is the wife won't commit to one until she drives it. But with a car that is going to be really hot selling, I don't think they'll have any problems selling it if we dont' get it. So I guess I just need to call them.

Hmm, I just noticed the 17's are painted too. I missed that the first time. Personally, I like the 17's better too. I'll have to remember that come ordering time.

I'm actually hoping the dealer will have one on hand when they start putting them on the lots. I think I'll be calling my dealer up and tell him what I want so he can order it.

But my problem is the wife won't commit to one until she drives it. But with a car that is going to be really hot selling, I don't think they'll have any problems selling it if we dont' get it. So I guess I just need to call them.

My dealer said as long as I get the convenence package on the SE and the rear sensor on the SEL that if I don't want the truck when it comes in for any reason (lease is too high or we just don't like it) they we will not half to take it... They will not have problems selling a new vehicle...

Take your wife there and see if the dealer will order it (need a refundable $100 deposit from you to lock in the pricing) and if when it comes in and your wife doesn't like how it drives or looks can you back out of it.

Best to get your order in...

Bill