Front sensing system

PhantomTech

In the Fusion manual it talks about the front sensing system. If this part of the active park assist? Does the system detect a curb when pulling up to it or only larger objects?

Front Sensing System

The front sensors are active when the

gearshift is in any position other than P

(Park) or N (Neutral) and the vehicle speed

is below 6 mph (10 km/h).

Coverage area of up to 27 inches

(70 centimeters) from the front

of the vehicle and about 6–14

inches (15–35 centimeters) to

the side of the front end of the

vehicle. Refer to the reverse

sensing section for details on

coverage area.

I have the park assist with the front sensors. It doesn't not detect curbs unless they are high enough. Sometimes when I'm stopped at a light and a pedestrian crosses the road in front of me the senors start to go off. It is a nice feature when parking and you don't want to hit the car parked in front of you.

• Like 1

It doesn't not detect curbs unless they are high enough.

My questions is what is high enough? Would it detect a curb that would hit the lower part of the front fascia You know when you're pulling into a parking space but go a little too far and hear the scraping. I don't parallel park enough to justify the cost but since it adds the front sensing system it might be worth getting.

• Like 1

I have the park assist with the front sensors. It doesn't not detect curbs unless they are high enough. Sometimes when I'm stopped at a light and a pedestrian crosses the road in front of me the senors start to go off. It is a nice feature when parking and you don't want to hit the car parked in front of you.

:hysterical: Yeah, the first few times it kinda freak you out.......wtf? what was that? I've also had it go off when pulling up to a car at a light (slowly, bumper to bumper stuff). It's not nearly as bad as the collision part of the adaptive - friggin red lights & loud noise! Makes you want to yell at the car "look, I saw the car cut me off, I have been doing this awhile" :hysterical:

And some wonder why I call the car "the silver nanny"

My questions is what is high enough? Would it detect a curb that would hit the lower part of the front fascia You know when you're pulling into a parking space but go a little too far and hear the scraping. I don't parallel park enough to justify the cost but since it adds the front sensing system it might be worth getting.

Good question....I'm trying to remember, can't say as I've parked where there's just a curb.....always seem to be something else there?

Edited by Bailey151

It definitely won't detect a curb if it will scrap the bottom of the bumper. I would think that it needs to be at least 10 inches off the ground (maybe even more). It does work well when pulling into my garage when trying to determine the distance in front of me.