What to check for when accepting delivery?

ReasonablyLucid

So... I bought a C-MAX SEL (/w 303a, sunroof, blue candy color if anybody is intrested). Had to order it from ford since nobody around here had the config/color I wanted.

This is my first brand new car. Infact its only my 2nd car ever, lol. I am still currently driving my first car (which I have had for 12 years now).

My delivery date is coming up (car in currently en route according to the dealership) and I am just wondering if there is anything special to inspect before accepting delivery. I am unsure on the quality assurance process on both ford's and the dealership side.

Do a walk around, and interior, inspection for fit and finish (Many cars are scuffed and scratched in transit).

Check to make sure the engine compartment fluid levels are where they should be.

Check lights, horn, wipers, blinkers and all other electronics for function.

Take a test drive and check for steering integrity (take some corners) and vibration (get it up to highway speeds).

Other than that most other issues will surface during your first weeks of ownership and should be covered by warranty.

Enjoy your new car!

My list so far:

Things to do on car delivery:
- Window sticker in glove box
- a complete dearth of dealer branding
- Battery in car matches requirements in manual (Cold cranking amps) 335+ [yeah, yeah, just ask the dead CMax's if it doesn't matter.}
- all door (rear) seals in place
- check all doors/truck/hood for alignment and over-spray issues.
- Proper shift knob (leather)
- Headliner around moonroof, no sags or wrinkles
- rattles in cup holder/glove box/doors
- alignment of front pillars and dash/door
- cover behind rear view mirror
- ambient lighting in the cup holders (as shown EVERYWHERE) [i know, it won't matter, but I'm still going to complain]

- mention, but not complain the different pedals

• 3 weeks later...
Is a long delay (e.g., 30 days) between build date and delivery date a reason to be extra vigilant in performing the pre-acceptance inspection?

--Ian

Not sure, but our C-Max Energi took 20 days to get to N. California from the estimated build date of March 30. The dealer fixed a small paint flaw (possibly shipping damage) that took an extra day. Love the car!!

Check for presence of loose parts:

Complete set of manuals

Fuel funnel

Net for back compartment (at least on an Energi, not sure if Hybrid has it)

Charger cord (Energi)

Nav SD card in place if ordered

Small divider that goes in cup holder assembly

Also if it is an Energi, make sure you remind them to fully charge the car before you get there. This checks for any faults in the charging system.