dearborn is not safe

chessman

LAY OFF AT DDMP 30 PEOPLE --ARE ANYBODY SAFE--AND WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG FOR THE UAW TO OK THE BUYOUT COMPANY WIDE--ALOT OF WORKER WITH THE TIME ARE JUST WAITING FOR THE BUYOUT SO THEY CAN GO

Sorry, wishful thinking though, but if DTP were to close there would be no more Ford Motor Company!

If DDMP closes it does. Those people would have the right (with 6 yrs. seniority) to bump into other plants in the complex, including DTP.

Hey DearbornDerek if DDMP close how can they bump into other plants in the complex and what about if DDMP just have a big lay off if so do you know where in the contract I can find it---thanks

Hey DearbornDerek if DDMP close how can they bump into other plants in the complex and what about if DDMP just have a big lay off if so do you know where in the contract I can find it---thanks

I got a brain fart.... What the hell is DDMP?

I'm not sure where it is in the contract, but I was told once by a rep if you have six years or more you can bump within the complex because we are all local 600. I'm not sure but I think MTP,WAP and WSP have the same agreement for thier local.

I'm not sure where it is in the contract, but I was told once by a rep if you have six years or more you can bump within the complex because we are all local 600. I'm not sure but I think MTP,WAP and WSP have the same agreement for thier local.

You are correct.

Edited by slider123

Dearborn Diversified Manufacturing, the old frame plant.

Thanks bud.... As for the bumping part the language varies from local to local. Sterling and Van Dyke, The Rouge, and I am not sure how it works out but I do know that in an instance of a reduction in force at the rouge center they pool all plants within said complex, Lowest goes nomatter what plant. I do not know of any year time table just lowest. The gap would then be filled by the next lowest within the plant that is reducing to the plant needs the workers.

It is just a shuffle move based on seniority. The rouge is one of the most unique contracts set because you can move from plant to plant instead of the street as long as you have the time to survice the shuffle.

How is things going on nights?

Things are o.k. on nights. We have been shorthanded through out the plant, a lot of day shift people staying after. You would think that with all the plant closings these morons might start to come to work, but that would mean they actually care about thier jobs. So how many people do you know of that got caught in our plants "little scandle"? My old super and the day shift team leader for my team were both fired and I know one guy got 30 days off. I know a couple other higher up supers got a week or two off. It was nice working at the pilot plant for two months and working days, hopefuly I'll be going back in February. How are things on trim side days?

Things are o.k. on nights. We have been shorthanded through out the plant, a lot of day shift people staying after. You would think that with all the plant closings these morons might start to come to work, but that would mean they actually care about thier jobs. So how many people do you know of that got caught in our plants "little scandle"? My old super and the day shift team leader for my team were both fired and I know one guy got 30 days off. I know a couple other higher up supers got a week or two off. It was nice working at the pilot plant for two months and working days, hopefuly I'll be going back in February. How are things on trim side days?

I am about to be out of a job here in AAP and would love to take one of those sorry ass's job who don't bother to show.

I am about to be out of a job here in AAP and would love to take one of those sorry ass's job who don't bother to show.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.........I would love to work next to someone from AAP, NAP, TCAP, etc., etc. who comes to work everyday than be stuck with people here in Michigan that only show 2 or 3 days a week.

Hey at the town hall they told people if you don't want to work go down the street and work for someonelse. Chances are they will take care of the ones who do not come in and work. Your right though they should get the hint with all the layoffs going on they might think the plant is safe and that may be true to but it does not mean you can screw off at a plant that will stay intact and keep your job. The way I look at it they will cut anyone for any reason like the scandle. Somewhere around 35 or 40 were involved, some were told to retire, some were given time off but others were fired.

I don't work in trim but you can say I work both areas in the middle...

Well you may just get that chance.... People need to understand they have to come to work and that is directed at the lower people, as for the higher ones they need to function and expect to work for a check.

Thanks bud.... As for the bumping part the language varies from local to local. Sterling and Van Dyke, The Rouge, and I am not sure how it works out but I do know that in an instance of a reduction in force at the rouge center they pool all plants within said complex, Lowest goes nomatter what plant. I do not know of any year time table just lowest. The gap would then be filled by the next lowest within the plant that is reducing to the plant needs the workers.

It is just a shuffle move based on seniority. The rouge is one of the most unique contracts set because you can move from plant to plant instead of the street as long as you have the time to survice the shuffle.

How is things going on nights?

I guess you are right cause I ask some reps in the rouge complex and everybody have a differ outlook about the language. Or they just don't want to tell the truth, so in that way they came just about do whatever they want to do

[heard dat

I've said it before and I'll say it again.........I would love to work next to someone from AAP, NAP, TCAP, etc., etc. who comes to work everyday than be stuck with people here in Michigan that only show 2 or 3 days a week.

I am from Michigan originaly moved here in 2000 and would love to come back up there.Get rid of the loafs and get some people in there who want to work everyday.Thats what the fuck I'm talking about.

Edited by hendew_15