Waiting Patiently

gyveri

Hi,

I ordered my Ruby Red C-Max hybrid SEL 303A package on 3/13.

A couple of weeks ago the dealer called me to give me my VIN and say that my car had been built and would be delivered on 4/15 --- hooray!

Last week, the dealer called to tell me that delivery was delayed till 5/3.

So now I'm waiting patiently, reading the user's manual, watching the videos, cruising the forums.

--gyveri

Thanks, Nick, for your words of welcome.

Maybe you or other forum members can shed light on whether I should be concerned that the car was built on 4/3 but is not scheduled to arrive in California until 30 days later (and 18 days after its originally-scheduled arrival date). What have they been doing with the car while it's been waiting for its train out west?

--Ian

Thanks, Nick, for your words of welcome.

Maybe you or other forum members can shed light on whether I should be concerned that the car was built on 4/3 but is not scheduled to arrive in California until 30 days later (and 18 days after its originally-scheduled arrival date). What have they been doing with the car while it's been waiting for its train out west?

--Ian

Oh, could be many things. Could be a batch-and-hold on a certain group of vehicles to check something that might be wrong, could have been one individual thing on yours that got flagged for QC. Or occasionally when there is a parts shortage they will finish the vehicle and then sit it aside to finish later. Not sure if that last one would still get it marked as "built" though. Any number of reasons really. Hopefully it's nothing to be concerned about and you'll get it soon. Being off by a few weeks on delivery isn't all that uncommon for any manufacturer

• 2 weeks later...

My C-Max arrived at the rail head at Benicia, CA Saturday afternoon. Still no word as to when someone is going to put it on a truck to ship it to the dealer. It's now over 4 weeks since my car was built. I guess they don't really need my money.

--Ian

My C-Max arrived at the rail head at Benicia, CA Saturday afternoon. Still no word as to when someone is going to put it on a truck to ship it to the dealer. It's now over 4 weeks since my car was built. I guess they don't really need my money. --Ian

Hang in there almost there

One week after our Ruby Red C-Max SEL arrived at the Benicia, CA railhead (and 31 days after the build date on the sticker), the dealer called to say that our car had been delivered to them. Hooray!!!

We picked it up that afternoon and are greatly enjoying driving around in it.

Here is a picture of it sitting in our driveway not far from the Monterey Bay in CA.

--Ian

post-50024-0-93508700-1367899074_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...