This will be my 3rd Fusion

bbosaw51

I just ordered my 3rd Fusion as a company car. Very durable car but I can't figure out the low-speed shift bumping. It doesn't seem to hurt the car or performance but is worrisome out on the road. 2 dealerships say it's normal and part of the car "learning me."

3FA6P0H7XDR312944

Status please. Thanks a lot.

Leasing company website says car was produced 4/23 and will take 4 weeks to ship. Will be interesting to see where it sits on the rail. Hopefully it will be quicker than my 2012. That was ordered in July 2011 and delivered the week after Thanksgiving.

akirby,

After driving for awhile, say on an interstate, then pulling up to an off ramp and taking off again, with or without a complete stop, the transmission will sometimes "bump" or shift hard between 1st and 2nd gears. It's about like revving the engine and then putting the car into drive. 2 Ford service advisors say it's "normal." Rather an "odd normal" to me.

Thanks.

I read about the shift flare. That seems to be an engine revving between shifts. This is different yet. It's almost like a pressure build up from the slow down and then all the pressure is released during the takeoff.

• 1 month later...