Now thats how its done!

imageneral

Their top pay scale is ~$22. Is that what you are saying Ford should pay everybody to get rid of the two tier system?

Be careful what you wish for

TRW is a parts plant not owned by Ford or any other auto builder. The $22 rate is on the high side for wages for independent parts suppliers in this area. The big gain was getting rid of the temp. agency employees and hiring by the company. Not sure how it works in the USA, but these parasite type companies pay the minimum wage or very little more to the person doing the job in Canada and gain a strong profit. Could anyone here tell me what the going rate is in Michigan or Ohio is for parts work in companies such as TRW, Johnson or,Lear which are not owned by a main line auto company? I am retired from Ford but still see my younger family members working for less than @12 an hour.Bare in mind this is a first contract in a business that has always tried to block Unions. Hopefully this will encourage more people to join a Union or at the very least force companies to pay a decent wage.

• Like 1

TRW is a parts plant not owned by Ford or any other auto builder. The $22 rate is on the high side for wages for independent parts suppliers in this area. The big gain was getting rid of the temp. agency employees and hiring by the company. Not sure how it works in the USA, but these parasite type companies pay the minimum wage or very little more to the person doing the job in Canada and gain a strong profit. Could anyone here tell me what the going rate is in Michigan or Ohio is for parts work in companies such as TRW, Johnson or,Lear which are not owned by a main line auto company? I am retired from Ford but still see my younger family members working for less than @12 an hour.Bare in mind this is a first contract in a business that has always tried to block Unions. Hopefully this will encourage more people to join a Union or at the very least force companies to pay a decent wage.

JCI make's seat's for the F-150 they make about 18 to 19 per hr.

Their top pay scale is ~$22. Is that what you are saying Ford should pay everybody to get rid of the two tier system?

Be careful what you wish for

No Pioneer..I was saying it would be great if the UAW would fight to end two tier here in the states. I wasnt saying anything about a pay scale..

name="imageneral" post="849733" timestamp="1366787256"]

No Pioneer..I was saying it would be great if the UAW would fight to end two tier here in the states. I wasnt saying anything about a pay scale..

Read this article. It was written around the time or last contact was negotiated.

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2011/10/chrysler_ceo_says_2-class_wage.html

be very careful what you ask for is right.

the head of fiat has said that he wants that also.

second teir to end and second teir wages to go up and full scale to go down and meet in the middle.

and that is what I expect chrysler to bargain for,we will see how the international will handle this.