Crash Alert Settings

Is anyone else having issues with the crash warning system? I'm tired of being scared to death by the flashing red light and alarm when I can plainly see that I'm nowhere close to hitting the car that is slowing down to make a turn. I have tried to find the menu to adjust the sensitivity as outlined in the Owners Manual but can't find it.

Is anyone else having issues with the crash warning system? I'm tired of being scared to death by the flashing red light and alarm when I can plainly see that I'm nowhere close to hitting the car that is slowing down to make a turn. I have tried to find the menu to adjust the sensitivity as outlined in the Owners Manual but can't find it.

No mine is just fine ..... I'll admit that it was a bit "jarring" the first time it came on (someone slammed on their brakes just in front of me) ........

but I've had no problems with over-sensitivity ......

John

There are other options in there to turn if off or the warning off. I rather change the sensitivity.

Go to your IP on the left hand side:

Driver assist Collision warning Sensitity High/Normal/Low

I turned mine up to high sensitivity and got the alert yesterday. It went off due to my speed, the car turning and me not applying brakes while approaching. No collision, but car was just keeping me informed.

Of course later in the day when I was in nasty traffic, I turned my head to merge into another lane and at that moment the car in front of me came to an abrupt stop. The system went off and I had my foot on the brake and was braking before I had even turned my head back. I'd have certainly run into him.

I turned mine up to high sensitivity and got the alert yesterday. It went off due to my speed, the car turning and me not applying brakes while approaching. No collision, but car was just keeping me informed.

Of course later in the day when I was in nasty traffic, I turned my head to merge into another lane and at that moment the car in front of me came to an abrupt stop. The system went off and I had my foot on the brake and was braking before I had even turned my head back. I'd have certainly run into him.

That's good, you developed an auto response to the sound and probably saved yourself a frontal collision. lol this reminds me of Pavlov's dog in a way :doh: We're all condition!!!!!!

That's good, you developed an auto response to the sound and probably saved yourself a frontal collision. lol this reminds me of Pavlov's dog in a way :doh: We're all condition!!!!!!

Yep, I definitely would have hit had it not been for the collision warning.