Ford Canada Finance Offer Bait-Switch?

Guys,

I'm a great Ford supporter and shareholder, so let me tell you about this issue which I hope you can help solve. I've left a message for Dianne Craig's office so her people can get on it. I'll tell you why. The offer expires tomorrow, and I feel we're being purposely slowed down - which is not fair.

My 18yr old daughter decided to buy a 2013 Ford Escape SEL and we went to the dealership because I had confirmed with Ford Customer Service before going down there that their website offer at http://www.ford.ca/incentives/ was in fact true. It was for 72 months at 0%. She can easily get financing approval. This 70/0 offer is on the Ford.ca homepage, the Escape webpage and the Incentives webpage.

When we went to sign for the car, they said "No...only 60 months and that offer was wrong". So I called customer service back TWICE IN THE DEALERSHIP - with the sales person standing there, and on speakerphone (being recorded) and then had TWO MORE customer service people at Ford of Canada Relationship Centre 1-800-565-3673 tell me THAT THE OFFER IS CORRECT as long as it's not a Escape S model. It's not.

But, the dealer said their computer can't enter that deal for Ford Credit.

So we left and they said they would look into it. Well today we hear they still have not solved it. The offer ends on the 30th. TUESDAY!

I was dealing with Customer Service and finally got ahold of a nice guy Tim this afternoon who is the Mgr for Customer Service in Canada. He politely told me that Ford only sells the cars to the dealers and that Ford cannot do anything to help me - when in fact, you've just advertised it, you own the finance company, and your customer service reps are being recorded saying in fact my dealer is wrong and THAT IS the offer. He told me to call Ford Credit. Ford Credit told me they cannot help as I am not a customer, and to go to Customer Service.

BTW: Credit is not an issue for her - that I can assure you. My own score is 720. People here will know what that means.

Ford Canada's social media people (Carson) know me as I posted there, but they said they cannot help. If you want to know how to get ahold of me, Carson at Ford knows. https://www.facebook.com/carson.atfordcanada?ref=ts&fref=ts

HERE IS THE EXACT WORDING OF THE OFFER from the bottom of this web page (View Additional Disclosures) http://www.ford.ca/incentives/

#66 Until April 30, 2013, receive 0% APR purchase financing on new 2013 Ford [Expedition/ Fusion (excluding Hybrid, HEV/PHEV), Escape (excluding S) /Fiesta(excluding S),Focus (excluding S, ST and BEV), Taurus (excluding SE)] models for a maximum of 48/60/72 months to qualified retail customers, on approved credit (OAC) from Ford Credit. Not all buyers will qualify for the lowest interest rate. Example: $25,000 purchase financed at 0% APR for 48/60/72 months, monthly payment is $520.83/$416.66/$347.22 cost of borrowing is $0 or APR of 0% and total to be repaid is $25,000. Down payment on purchase financing offers may be required based on approved credit from Ford Credit. Taxes payable on full amount of purchase price.

If you can help...wonderful. If not, she's likely going to decide not to get a bait and switch dumped on her...but I'd like to see it in the driveway.

post-48750-0-94681400-1367276271_thumb.png

CASE CLOSED
I will take that and thank you. Just would love to know why it is everyone at Ford told me it was 72 months and then their Customer Service Mgr agrees and then also tells me it has nothing to do with Ford. If its 60 it's 60. Thanks for bringing this up. You're the first one.

Edited by Steveottawa