Locking lug nuts

joesann

2010 F-150 FX-2. Bought Ford locking lug nuts from the Ford Dealer where the truck was bought. Does any one Know for sure if the Ford Dealer has a master lock that fits all of the Ford Locking Lugs. A issue of tire rotation, part of the "Works" oil change package from the Ford dealer came up. I had the lock hidden forgetting to give it to the service writer. Days after the work was done, I asked about the rotation, not having the lock. Was told the dealer had a Master Lock for the lugs. Is this true ? or did I pay for service I did not get ?

I was told by a Mazda dealership that they had a master set of keys for the locking lug nuts; at least that's the story they used to explain why it couldn't be their fault that my key "disappeared" while at the dealership to perform an alignment and rotation. Last time I went there and, as (their bad) luck would have it, I received a service satisfaction survey in the mail regarding this visit. My opinion is that some service mgrs. have been known to shade the truth...a lot.

• 1 month later...