What did you do to your Fusion today?

CheesyRider

I had the Ambient Lighting installed today. Only four LEDs come with the kit. I had the small LEDs put in the rear console, in the same place as the Fusion Ti comes installed, lighting the rear footwells. The SA came out to me and asked where I would like the small lights installed. Evidently you can have them installed where ever you want as long as the wires are long enough. There is no set place in the directions, it's up to you and the Tech.

image-11-1.jpg

The larger LEDs are in the front footwells, I did have the Ti pedals installed back in May.
image-10-3.jpg

During the installation the SA came out to me and asked if I wanted a different switch to control the lighting. The supplied switch is a small round momentary switch that you have to drill the center console behind the cup holders to install. The Technician remembered seeing another Fusion with a dual switch on the passenger side, I have Auto Park with only one switch and a blank switch cover. The switch he remembered had the Auto Park and an "A" on it. So I said yes to the SA. No drilling and only $28.00 for the switch. It works perfectly. The "A" is perfect for Ambient Lighting. The switch part No. is, DG9Z-13D730-BA. What I'm told, from a different forum, is the switch is for a Fusion 1.6L with auto start. It works for me because of the "A".

image-18-1.jpg

That's just a piece of insulation on the seat, I didn't notice it until I saw the picture.

The cost for this install is $217.88 for the kit, it retails for $249, I got a discount. $28.67 for the switch and $90.00 for the install. So for me it the total was, $366.55

The install takes approx four hours, so the $90.00 is inexpensive. If your going to do it get it done now before Ford figures out it takes longer than one hour.

Edited by Gkinla
  • Like 1

Took mine in today to have the driver side rear OH $hi7 handle replaced. The spring had come undone. Also had them take care of the TSB for the decklid not staying open. When I open with the key fob it opens halfway and when I barely touch to lift it almost raises itself!

• 2 weeks later...

So...last weekend I installed my Sharkfin...looks and works perfect...also did a partial de-badge by removing the EcoBoost badge.

Washed her up and then drove around the sunshine state of Washington seeing the sights..while watching folks stare and do double takes.

Up to this point, she already has tinted windows, splash guards, factory 19s and LED plate lights and reverse lamps.

Still to come, tinted tailights and LED DRL/parking lights..

Also, Eleanor has right at 15000 miles on her...and she is awesome!

How did you come up with the name/gender for your Fusion?

I started a full exterior detail job today. Started at 9 am and finished at 2. Here's what I did:

Optimum no rinse wash,

Clay bar,

Klasse all in one polish,

1 coat of Klasse sealant glaze.

I'll post pictures tommorow after a second coat of the glaze. But it already looks good, and very smooth!

Good job. We just bought a 2014 Fusion SE and the dealer was trying to sell us a sealant application for a discounted price of $630.....regular price over $700! We denied!

Sorry for the delay. I wanted to do a 3rd coat of sealant and finally was able to get to it yesterday. It was well worth it, as it gave it even more of a deep glassy look.Enjoy!

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

We just took delivery of our 2014 Fusion with these 18 inch wheels. Awesome wheels! I think 34-35 PSI is the right pressure and helps avoid side wear!

• Like 1

Nice! Mine's actually a Titanium trim. I didn't like the stock 18's, so bought a set of the SE appearance package rims, and swapped the TPMS/tires. Fits the character of the car much better than the stock Ti rims.

Yep...we ordered the SE Appearance package to get these 18 inch wheels, leather steering wheel and the rear spoiler on our SE. Need to do what you are doing with polishing the car ASAP! Your car really, really shines!