Seatbelt recall?

LASooner

I was supposed to pick up my new HyTi today, but I got this from my dealer

The car did arrive late yesterday. But service found the car on the seat belt recall list. Ford’s telling us they won’t have those fix kits out to us until Tuesday. I’ll call you Monday when I get an update

Anyone else get this? I know there was some complaints in another message about frayed thread on the seatbelts, and there's nothing publically available on http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/RecallsPage about a recall when I entered my VIN.

Did this recall just pop up within the last few days?

I went there last Saturday and saw it in the service lot, but nobody would say specifically what is wrong with the seat belts. I contacted Ford Service on twitter and they escalated my issue to a regional manager who hasn't contact me at all either. That was on Weds. My salesman called today originally said the fix kit was supposed to show up on Tuesday is now saying Ford doesn't have them yet, and they will be over-nighted when they do. This is my first Ford, and so far the experience is a bit lacking.

Any excitement about buying a new car is being replaced with frustration and anger.

I went there last Saturday and saw it in the service lot, but nobody would say specifically what is wrong with the seat belts. I contacted Ford Service on twitter and they escalated my issue to a regional manager who hasn't contact me at all either. That was on Weds. My salesman called today originally said the fix kit was supposed to show up on Tuesday is now saying Ford doesn't have them yet, and they will be over-nighted when they do. This is my first Ford, and so far the experience is a bit lacking.

Any excitement about buying a new car is being replaced with frustration and anger.

Hang in there man! I had my car three days and it got hammered by hail. Five days in the shop to get fixed (awesome by the way) then a week later air bag light illuminates permanantly and it spends eight days in the shop to get fixed. (was treated well by dealer). So I hear your pain.

I would maybe call another dealership and ask about possible "recalls". I would have thought that would have showed up somewhere else and someone here would have some knowledge about it.

...................... This is my first Ford, and so far the experience is a bit lacking.

Really? You contacted Ford on twitter & the immediately turned it over to a regional manager & you find this lacking? Lacking would be if they just ignored it.belt

Or would you be happier if they just sent it out with a seatbelt issue?

I do understand the impatience........just try to remember they're trying to give you the best vehicle possible, waiting is better than a failure.

Edited by Bailey151

I understand when there are problems, but on Friday of last week, the day after my car arrived, they told me about the problem in vague terms ("Something wrong with the seatbelts"), when I called them to ask about when I could pick it up. They didn't contact me, I contacted them. So they said, the parts would be in until Tuesday, but they would contact me on Monday with an update. They didn't. So I contacted them Tuesday afternoon asking if the parts came in (not mentioning that they didn't contact me on Monday), at which point they inform me that the parts wouldn't be in until the end of the week. So Weds morning, I contacted Ford Service twitter account to find out exactly what is happening with the parts and what the exact issue is. They inform me that they had given this case to the regional manager and they would contact me Weds afternoon. They didn't. Friday afternoon, my salesman calls me to say that Ford still hadn't sent parts and wasn't sure when they would. Friday evening the regional guy finally calls for the first time to say the parts were being sent by Fed Ex and would be at the dealership by Monday, but didn't have the fed ex tracking number. Each and every time I actually got to talk to someone I asked specifically what was wrong with the seatbelts, and nobody had an answer.

Yes, I wouldn't want an unsafe vehicle, I have a family to protect, but I think a direct answer to a direct question is not to much to ask. So yes. I find the service I've gotten to be lacking.

Edited by LASooner

Yes, I wouldn't want an unsafe vehicle, I have a family to protect, but I think a direct answer to a direct question is not to much to ask. So yes. I find the service I've gotten to be lacking.

As I said I can understand the frustration............just see it from their side = confusion. It's not a "recall", it may only be a few vehicles = guy gets a phone call & first thought is "say what, seatbelt?" = a few days to hash out the situation & figure out what the hell is going on. Then it might be "where the hell do I get a seatbelt, parts? Hell no, we don't have that as a part..............."

Not excusing them, not nice to leave someone in the dark...............but in this case it might have had to go through quite the chain of questions...........

(for all we know it might have ended with a call to Mexico saying "yes, I said I need a seatbelt over nighted to XYZ") :)

Overall I'd say it's about normal for any car company & still a far cry from the days where you've gotten "seatbelt? it's fine.........should work okay for the one time you may need it anyway" :doh:

One of the joys of a new production model, issues often take quite some time to filter back up the food chain (decisions such as problem or one off have to be made). Sucks, but it's happened on every single new model I've ever seen.

Edited by Bailey151

Friday evening the regional guy finally calls for the first time to say the parts were being sent by Fed Ex and would be at the dealership by Monday, but didn't have the fed ex tracking number.

So today this same guy calls me up and says that the parts might ship on Thurs or Friday, completely ignoring the fact that he told me that the parts would arrive yesterday by FedEx.

A part so rare it's only found on every Fusion sitting on their lot. :do what:

Edited by LASooner

So today this same guy calls me up and says that the parts might ship on Thurs or Friday, completely ignoring the fact that he told me that the parts would arrive yesterday by FedEx.

A part so rare it's only found on every Fusion sitting on their lot. :do what:

Not certain they can take one apart to fix another..........seems logical to do so but it could end up with some recall/warranty/tracking issues on their end (i.e. VIN # XYZ is recalled.....oh, that doesn't have the part VIN # PDQ does but it's not on the list & then the part fails).

Again, not excusing them.....I'm certain it's making the wait hard..................just compare it to the entire length of time you'll own the car.