altimeter in NAV system??

jdaallen

• 2 weeks later...

Every Garmin stand-alone GPS I have seen has an option to show altitude; however I have yet to see that option on a built-in automotive GPS. Why??? To much for our simple minds to comprehend, perhaps.

• Like 1

Every Garmin stand-alone GPS I have seen has an option to show altitude; however I have yet to see that option on a built-in automotive GPS. Why??? To much for our simple minds to comprehend, perhaps.

I don't get it either??? The capabilities must be in the system considering it locates your position anyway. :headscratch:

The system in my F-150 shows it - it's the last gen system, but shows altitude in 10ft increments.

Where does it display the altitude? What screen or function are you in when it displayed? (probably not the proper tech savey terms) ;) I have a '13 F 150 Limited so would think it has all the latest???

Edited by jdaallen

Where does it display the altitude? What screen or function are you in when it displayed? (probably not the proper tech savey terms) ;) I have a '13 F 150 Limited so would think it has all the latest???

I have the Gen older system - no MFT, you hit the i button, on the first screen (where am I) shows it in small print under the City name, I'll get a picture when I'm going home today.