Ford.ca and cmax

rednip

To-night I was on the Ford Canadian web site (www.ford.ca) and was surprised that one can NOT build and price a CMax on line. This is a significant change to the web site.. Has production been cut off, for out of U.S. sales. I guess I was lucky to get an order in for the Energi (build date June, 4, 2013) assuming there are not any significant issues associated with this product line).

Why is Ford limiting sales of this product line? Does any one know?

Thank you

Doug

I just went to Ford.ca and could build and price on it for either Energi of hybrid. I have had the SEL December. Not many bought and sold around my area. We are still the first one sold at our dealership--with perhaps one other sold since last Fall. They don't seem to be advertised at all locally--not sure what that is about. We have never seen another one on the road here in Vancouver. I am beginning to think we bought an Edsel. I do have a little unease about why they aren't selling here. No inventory? No interest from consumers? No interest from dealerships?

Interesting in that when I first looked at the CMax I was able to do a build a few months ago. I then put an order in. Last night I was not able to do so on the ford.ca site but could on the .com site.

I know they have been selling in London Ontario when the dealer can get them. We expect ours within the next couple of weeks.

Ford is certainly not saying why the CMax Energi is not readily available in Canada.

Thank you

Doug

I look at the Ford Canada Dealer Inventory and check out inventory in the Vancouver area. I have only seen the Energi in inventory twice, and they were sold immediately. The inventory hasn't been re-stocked on the Energi. There is one fellow out in Chilliwack, B.C. on the C-Max forum with the Energi and he loves it. Your Energi should have the MFT 3.5.1 which will be great for you as you likely won't have the MFT glitches. It seems C-Maxes built after February have the 3.5.1. upgrade. We are still waiting for ours and need the hands free tail gate upgrade too. Enjoy your Energi when it arrives Doug. I tracked mine on the train after it was built so that was fun--I could see every town it passed through. But you need your salesman to give you a copy of the railcar to do that.