Navigation Totally Sucks

akray99

I'm now looking at the new Jeep Grand Cherokee as a replacement vehicle. They have a great idea in their UConnect system as the gps can easily be added at any time afterwards in less than an hour and for a reasonable perice compared to other nav systems. This is how Ford should have handled it and avoided the MTF issues.

I'm now looking at the new Jeep Grand Cherokee as a replacement vehicle. They have a great idea in their UConnect system as the gps can easily be added at any time afterwards in less than an hour and for a reasonable perice compared to other nav systems. This is how Ford should have handled it and avoided the MTF issues.

That was the plan from the beginning. Unfortunately they got screwed so badly by Bsquare on the development side they haven't been able to get to it (or the built-in web browser, etc.) because they've been too busy just trying to get MFT stable.

I don't see it as that big of a deal though. If you want navigation it's available. If you don't want it you don't have to get it.

If you want navigation it's available.

No, the difference it that it can easily be added at a later date if the UConnect system is in. I like the idea of the 8.5" screen. Any vehicles on the lot that doesn't have the system in can now be considered. Basically it's a standard Garmin system. They didn't try to get too fancy with the interface.

Unrelated, I like the idea of no useless third row seat which is more of an Explorer issue. The eight speed trans is interesting as if the diesel option but that's too expensive for the amount of miles I put on the car.

Edited by rscalzo

I too looked at the UConnect system in the new JGC and was thoroughly impressed. Nice to push buttons and they respond fast and consistently. Navigation was very intuitive and straightforward.