Front end noise

Mknopick

Any Escape owners out there get their front end noise taken care of yet? Mine still makes a creaking noise when coming to a stop or turning right. The dealer has done then TSB but it still makes noise. The engineers have it under investigation.

Let us know if the strut knuckle solves the problem.

I'm still waiting for the part to arrive, will keep you posted

I had my Escape in for the TSB... the noise is still there. Been that way since the day we bought it a year ago.

How long did you have to wait for the part? I took mine in on Monday, SA said the part would arrive on Wednesday and still no word.

• 2 weeks later...

In an interesting turn of events my Escape, which had been exhibiting front end noise/clunking since almost new in 9/2012, has stopped making the noises altogether as of a couple of weeks ago.

I had scheduled service at the dealership last month but competing priorities caused me to cancel the service appointment. I had intentions of re-scheduling but the damn thing won't clunk now, at all. I'm actually hoping it starts up again since I'm 4k miles away from the expiration of the bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Has anyone else experienced the clunking just going away?

inswva, if your dealership has confirmed the issue and were going to make the repair have it done. I had mine done today and I can feel the front suspension is tighter and I didn't hear any low speed thumping as I entered the driveway of my complex, where I always heard the noise. It took about 2.5 hours.

The work order reads:

Replaced strut bearings both sides

Inspect and replace both rear strut bearings

• 4 weeks later...
inswva, if your dealership has confirmed the issue and were going to make the repair have it done. I had mine done today and I can feel the front suspension is tighter and I didn't hear any low speed thumping as I entered the driveway of my complex, where I always heard the noise. It took about 2.5 hours.

The work order reads:

Replaced strut bearings both sides

Inspect and replace both rear strut bearings

Are you still free of the front end noise after the parts were replaced?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my sound is certainly not normal, as many of my passengers have confirmed. It has been almost three months and Ford doesn't have a fix for the noise problem. What the hell have they been doing? I guess I'm not Important enough for them. They probably hope that I forget all about and accept it. I had my vehicle in for the 5000 mile service and service advisor said here was nothing new on the noise. Looks like I might be going the lemon law on this one, since it qualifies after being into the dealer four times for the same problem, and all the other smaller problems with the car.

I've got a 2005 Hyundai Tucson with 109,000 miles on it and there hasn't been one problem with it. Might be going back to Hyundai.

• 1 month later...

A new TSB. I saw this on escape city. I've had this issue since day one. I already had it in for the 13-5-11 TSB relating to clunking noise. Car goes in the shop on Friday, I'll keep the board posted...

TSB 13-09-09: CLUNK/RATTLE NOISE FROM FRONT END DURING PARKING MANEUVERS AND/OR OVER ROUGH SURFACES AT LOW SPEEDS BETWEEN 8-32 KM/H (5-20 MPH)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had TSB for creaking noise performed last week. Total disaster. In on Thurs. morning. Waited 4 hrs. Finally took me home. They called Thurs. evening, advised they had to "emergency order" strut spring. FedEx to delivery Fri morning. Didn't get there till 5:30, mechanic gone home. Picked up Mon. afternoon and was told had to replace one sway bar link also because it wouldn't torque to specs(stripped). When brakes get warmed up and making right turn getting a scraping sound sometimes. After looking myself, have added slight clearance to baking plate in two spots and moved thin metal tab at ball joint that was extremely close to outer CV joint. So far so good.