Rearview camera active and fixed guidelines turn off

schield

I have the Titanium with MFT. Took the vehicle in to the dealer Monday to get a check engine light diagnosed. They had their scanner and a diagnostic computer plugged into the OBD II.

Since then the rearview camera gridlines turn themselves off whenever the vehicle ignition is cycled.

I know I have heard other people say not to shift to reverse until the system is fully booted up, but I do not agree with that since I shifted as soon as the vehicle turned on since I got the vehicle in October; no issue of this sort EVER.

I think Ford needs to get new software programmers or let Apple do the in-car services. I can't believe how long MFT has been out and they can't get it to operate correctly.

The MFT system is also unpredictable. You mean tell me that just by the dealer plugging their scanner or diagnostic computer in the OBD II messes up the backup camera gridlines settings???

I know I have heard other people say not to shift to reverse until the system is fully booted up

Not just people, but Ford.

2013 Escape, Focus, C-Max - Rear View Camera Guidelines Disappear

Some 2013 Escape, Focus, and C-Max vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch and a rear camera may exhibit guidelines which may disappear. This may be caused when the customer shifts into reverse very quickly after starting the vehicle. It can be avoided once the guidelines are set to On by shifting into reverse just a bit more slowly following ignition-on sequence. The customer should wait for the SYNC system to fully boot up and show the home screen before shifting or the concern may repeat. Guidelines can be turned back on by customer by entering the SYNC Menu (two gears) - Vehicle - Rear View Camera - Guidelines. Engineering is currently investigating this condition through the quicker service fix (QSF) process. Until a new service procedure and/or parts are available do not attempt repair. Monitor OASIS for updates.

If I display the camera settings screen and turn the ignition off, the gridlines setting turns itself off? Does this happen to anyone else?

After messing with it for a few minutes the gridlines are now staying on, even if I shift immediately to reverse after starting the vehicle. The software is just strange and seems to operate randomly.

Hopefully it stays like it is now.

Supposedly Ford is just telling everyone to make sure you are on the latest update and do a master reset. Then you have to re pair your phone and redo all your presets and settings. And it fixes it for a while. But then it ends up happening again. Maybe the next update will have a permanent fix.