My opinion on Volvo

Mulletman

I work at a Ford dealer that has recently picked up the Volvo line. We now do warranty repairs for Volvo. Here is what I think about Volvo.

I have seen 5 Volvo cars in the shop with over 300,000 miles on the odometer. One of them has well over 400,000 miles. I have yet to see a Ford in our shop with 200,000 miles. Volvos do not rust out. I get the car on the lift and the undercarriage is perfect on every one of them! Even the brake lines are not rusty.

Warranty labor times really suck, but we do not get too many with any major repairs. The worst job that ever came in the shop was a wiring harness replacement, but not from manufacturer defect, but from a rodent chewing on them. Volve decided to warranty the job for customer satisfaction.

The most major engine repair that has come in was a bad Turbo causing the car to smoke. Oil change intervals are 7500 miles on Volvo.

All I have to say about Volvo is that I feel (in my opinion) that Volvo is one of the best built vehicles on the market. I work on all makes and models of vehicles, but none of them have the same quality as Volvo.

Edited by Mulletman

Volvo certainly has a dedicated market base. Of the Volvo owners I know, most of them have owned at LEAST one previously.

I still think Volvo needs a MINIVAN though!! They are the PERFECT brand to do a slightly upmarket minivan. The image of safety and a bit of European stodginess and snobbery could sell very well to people who want safe transportation for their growing family but want a smidgen of the snob appeal to avoid the typical soccer mom labeling.

DOOOOO IT, Volvo!!! :bandance:

Volvo certainly has a dedicated market base. Of the Volvo owners I know, most of them have owned at LEAST one previously.

I still think Volvo needs a MINIVAN though!! They are the PERFECT brand to do a slightly upmarket minivan. The image of safety and a bit of European stodginess and snobbery could sell very well to people who want safe transportation for their growing family but want a smidgen of the snob appeal to avoid the typical soccer mom labeling.

DOOOOO IT, Volvo!!! :bandance:

I was about 95% ready to buy a V50. That car was beautiful but seeing we are pretty sure we are keeping my wife's Jetta when the lease is up we were worried about having two cars similar sized. We wanted a Explorer replacement that got better gas millage. XC90 SUV was really nice but would be another pig on gas. So, we ordered an edge and if we opt to get rid of the Jetta next year we will most likely be looking at a V50 next year.

I'm sure some of our friends will think we are snobs but we don't care.

Bill

I was about 95% ready to buy a V50. That car was beautiful but seeing we are pretty sure we are keeping my wife's Jetta when the lease is up we were worried about having two cars similar sized. We wanted a Explorer replacement that got better gas millage. XC90 SUV was really nice but would be another pig on gas. So, we ordered an edge and if we opt to get rid of the Jetta next year we will most likely be looking at a V50 next year.

I'm sure some of our friends will think we are snobs but we don't care.

A Volvo Minivan would be great!!!

Bill