Thanks Again KCAP

pointy

Open Letter to All KCAP Folk:

I just want to tell ALL of the Ford System how nice and fine you all have been to us SLAPpers relocating to your plant! Thank You ALL very Much. It sucks having to work like a new hire again, but I'm thankful I still have a job, and I'm thankful that KCAP has accepted us (so far) with open arms. In the words of the 'King Of Rock N Roll'....."Thank ya very much!" :rockon: :cheerleader: :happy feet: :rockon:

I just want to tell ALL of the Ford System how nice and fine you all have been to us SLAPpers relocating to your plant! Thank You ALL very Much. It sucks having to work like a new hire again, but I'm thankful I still have a job, and I'm thankful that KCAP has accepted us (so far) with open arms. In the words of the 'King Of Rock N Roll'....."Thank ya very much!" :rockon: :cheerleader: :happy feet: :rockon:

That is how it should be when someone gets displaced. But you have the odd ones that think you have no right to be their because of stupid reasons. I myself dealt with that at first but those ones you just ignore and just keep on doing your job. Good to hear you guys are doing good. Hey I got a 06 Explorer man and it is better than the 03 I had and both were out of your plant. That is the part that pisses me off when I get a good vehicle they close the plant. Only one I have had now that the plant has not closed is AAI when they built the 99 cougars. That was one car I seriously put some miles on and only had the wiper relay go after having it 4 years and 150 thousand miles. Traveling is a motherF*()er....

That is how it should be when someone gets displaced. But you have the odd ones that think you have no right to be their because of stupid reasons. I myself dealt with that at first but those ones you just ignore and just keep on doing your job. Good to hear you guys are doing good. Hey I got a 06 Explorer man and it is better than the 03 I had and both were out of your plant. That is the part that pisses me off when I get a good vehicle they close the plant. Only one I have had now that the plant has not closed is AAI when they built the 99 cougars. That was one car I seriously put some miles on and only had the wiper relay go after having it 4 years and 150 thousand miles. Traveling is a motherF*()er....

It so sucks that gas prices and other stupid s**t happened to take focus off of the '06 Explorer! I have to say that that it has to be one of, if not the nicest SUV out there. Once I get settled in out here in KC, just might have to get one of them bad boys. I sure am glad you like it so much. you lucky dawg!

It so sucks that gas prices and other stupid s**t happened to take focus off of the '06 Explorer! I have to say that that it has to be one of, if not the nicest SUV out there. Once I get settled in out here in KC, just might have to get one of them bad boys. I sure am glad you like it so much. you lucky dawg!

Great to hear such good news from you all. Hope things work out for the best. Thank you KCAPer's for accepting my former coworkers with open arms. :cheerleader:

I miss you all! :cry:

I to have been treated well by the good folks at KCAP. I hope the welcome wagon continues for the rest of the Slappers that are yet to arrive. The union told 31 lower senority Kcappers on the SUV side that they are beening sent to nights because the slappers have more time. They are not real happy about this and are venting their anger. These are trying times for all auto workers and their families. Good luck to all. :rockon:

I work at LAP and build the Explorers, and the 07's are rolling down the line now with a couple of new options. You can get them now with power running boards like the Mountaineer has and they changed the interior door handles. So thank you for the praise on the Explorers. Good luck to all, because we(FORD) need it.

I to have been treated well by the good folks at KCAP. I hope the welcome wagon continues for the rest of the Slappers that are yet to arrive. The union told 31 lower senority Kcappers on the SUV side that they are beening sent to nights because the slappers have more time. They are not real happy about this and are venting their anger. These are trying times for all auto workers and their families. Good luck to all. :rockon:

Good to hear from you dcassity1961. Talked to someone yesterday that said two of our guys got sent to the truck side for a day and then were told to report there for good. They were happy since 10 hours had been killing them. One plans on returning to STL now that his wife has graduated from school and got a job making as much as we do. He will be taking a buyout if they are offered again, should have stayed and rode it out and let someone else go, but was worried that she would not graduate or find a job.

Sorry to hear about those getting bumped to nights, we all know that this puts a strain on families, but not having a job puts an even bigger strain on them.

Good luck to you all and God Bless.

Good to hear from you dcassity1961. Talked to someone yesterday that said two of our guys got sent to the truck side for a day and then were told to report there for good. They were happy since 10 hours had been killing them. One plans on returning to STL now that his wife has graduated from school and got a job making as much as we do. He will be taking a buyout if they are offered again, should have stayed and rode it out and let someone else go, but was worried that she would not graduate or find a job.

Sorry to hear about those getting bumped to nights, we all know that this puts a strain on families, but not having a job puts an even bigger strain on them.

Good luck to you all and God Bless.

Good to hear from you Capt. How can he return and hope to get a buy-out? I thought that once you sign there is no returning and keeping your employment with Ford. Yeah it is going to be tough on all auto-workers from here on out this is a changing industry and I hope Ford can survive. I wish you could have made the jump with us , but maybe you will get a chance later. Hope the family is great and the kids are ready to get back to school. Good -luck to you my brother. :rockon:

Good to hear from you Capt. How can he return and hope to get a buy-out? I thought that once you sign there is no returning and keeping your employment with Ford. Yeah it is going to be tough on all auto-workers from here on out this is a changing industry and I hope Ford can survive. I wish you could have made the jump with us , but maybe you will get a chance later. Hope the family is great and the kids are ready to get back to school. Good -luck to you my brother. :rockon:

He has hopes on the company wide buyout rumor. Apparently it has circulated through some local union officials that there will another round of offers.

Yes, they are ready for school or at least my two girls are ready, my son is still in denial that summer is over. Me, I am ready for them to be back in school this Mr. mom stuff is difficult to adjust to after being a full time worker for 25 years. I'm not used to this at home stuff and it is begining to show around the waste line. Even my wife said her pillow is getting a little to big to lay on when I am reclined and she lays long ways on the couch using my belly as a pillow.

The kids had a hard time adjusting as well. When I was home from work I would play with them for a while and then get small jobs done around the house. With me being home all the time they thought it was constant play time with dad, which made it difficult to get things done.

Good luck to you and yours and God Bless!

Welcolm home !

Everyone I have met from slap have been nice. Met a few monday night on passenger side. met a few more on the ddayshift tuesday thru friday on bothsides. Had another guy catch me behind the hall friday evening. Ya'll are buying vcap tickets, taking voter registrations, and asking union questions which is great. Most people from kcap have not been through a closing or bad layoff, but a lot of people have transfered in from other facilities. I moved here for the job in'96 and I have had a good life here,. Even though we have no relatives here, I have received a lot of support from my coworkers. I hope ya'll get involved. Meetings are 3rd sunday of month 2pm. I do think this is a great state, a good comunity and I like this facility also.

He has hopes on the company wide buyout rumor. Apparently it has circulated through some local union officials that there will another round of offers.

Yes, they are ready for school or at least my two girls are ready, my son is still in denial that summer is over. Me, I am ready for them to be back in school this Mr. mom stuff is difficult to adjust to after being a full time worker for 25 years. I'm not used to this at home stuff and it is begining to show around the waste line. Even my wife said her pillow is getting a little to big to lay on when I am reclined and she lays long ways on the couch using my belly as a pillow.

The kids had a hard time adjusting as well. When I was home from work I would play with them for a while and then get small jobs done around the house. With me being home all the time they thought it was constant play time with dad, which made it difficult to get things done.

Good luck to you and yours and God Bless!

From what I understand another round of buyouts will be offered in November or December for KCAP employees in order to make room for the accelerated closings that will be announced shortly.

If any of the SLAPPERS feel slighted in anyway don't hesitate at all to contact the union hall, we want to make your transition as painless as possible due to the circumstances, that goes to you folks from Ohio as well. Good luck.

How does that work for you guys with two plants? SUV or truck side? Seems strange that you would run 10 hours (SUV side) and then go down for 5 weeks unless doing a serious retooling.

No the suppose down time is for the truck system, not suv. they are two completely different lines that run independly of each other. SUV side is suppose to run full 10's with one sat a month till Dec. then we do a complete car change to the 08 Model and run who knows after that. Truck side you never know what they are going to run from day to day lol....

My hubby won't be bumping any day people any time soon. At 20 years seniority he loves his night shift and so do I. We have become the night family, daughter included. Day jobs just suck!!

He also really likes the KCAP people and tells me he thinks I'll like it a lot there, I don't get to move with him until end of August.

Thank you KCAP for being so nice and welcoming to my hubby (family). We have been so stressed for years now, this is such a nice change, to have some end to this mess.

I look forward to moving to KC Missouri.

Former Illinoisian