New Up-Market Version of Mondeo For Europe

MSPFusion

Ford will be selling an up-market version of the Mondeo (Fusion) in Europe called the " Vignale". There will be some interesting gray-market add-ons, potentially, once this and the Mondeo hit the market.

Can't say I like the quilted leather seats, but some of the parts look pretty cool.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/frankfurt-motor-show/ford-mondeo-vignale-spearheads-upscale-sub-brand

Ford-Mondeo-Vignale-1%5B2%5D.jpg

It's all marketing and profit. For me, it depends on what drivetrain is available and how refined it is. I do like the trunk treatment, but otherwise, the regular Titanium available in the US is superior in the styling.

Now, if they put in a turbo v6 with AWD and kept the price reasonable, they just might have something!

Don't expect to see the Vignale offered in the US - it would compete with Lincoln. For US Fusion owners the main point of interest will be the possibility of buying parts that are made for it. The leather dash cover, (plain black, not quilted!) better quality leather steering wheel and headlights are a few that come to mind. I agree with you TurboTi, I prefer the styling of the Titanium to the Vignale.

To each their own, but I prefer the looks of the Fusion to the MKZ and I prefer the 2.0T to the 3.7 six cylinder. Every time you read a review of the MKZ they come to the same conclusion: the Fusion is a better buy and the 2.0T makes for a better engine. It weighs less and the car handles better. My Fusion replaced an Audi with a Twin-turbo six and I feel the 2.0T has the same performance, weighs less and it gets better fuel economy.