Anyone been to a Hello Again tour?

I've signed up for the Hello, Again Los Angeles tour in 2 weeks. Anyone know how it works? It says it's an hour experience but has a list of 5 artisan shops to visit. All of them are in the Santa Monica/Venice Beach area but I can't see driving thru & parking in those neighborhoods within such a short time period.

Edited by jesster1228

Thanks to jesster1228's post, I googled "Hello Again Tour"

WHOA! that is a w-h-o-l-e new concept for me. Not sure what to think.

There is truly something for everybody in this world.

Maybe if they visited the the 4 "best lobster roll shacks" in Portland, or 4 "dollar beer dives" in Chicago it would ring my bell?

Edited by entropy

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the Hello, Again Los Angeles Tour. What a disappointment. After watching videos online of the HA tours in DC & Miami I was looking forward to what we were going to see. Well, we saw nothing. The Lincoln "Hub" in the other cities was set up in artsy warehouses with MKZs on display. In Los Angeles (Santa Monica really) the hub was in a vacant space in the mall. There were little displays on the artists & companies we were going to visit: a high-end furniture company, LSTN headphones, a homemade jam & pickle company, a restaurant that only serves organic cereals, and the local museum. Due to whatever circumstances out of Lincoln's control there were no stops. I guess Saturday's tour was worse because Santa Monica had their "Glow" beach art party and all the streets were shut down and they couldn't even offer test drives. There were only 4 MKZs, an MKX, and an MKS to drive and there were way too many people registered for the event. I ran to the first MKZ (ruby red 2.0EB AWD with glass roof) before anyone else could claim it. Because of the number of people that were there we had an older white-haired couple riding with us. They complained about the AC anytime I tried to turn the temperature above LO and they seemed frightened whenever I floored the pedal to feel what kind of power the 2.0EB has. The drive was about 20 minutes through Venice Beach to Marina del Rey where we switched cars. I was looking forward to getting away from the old couple but somehow during the swap all the cars were claimed and we ended up as their passengers in a 2.0H. It was awful. The woman was a horrible driver. Fast, slow, slam on the brakes, straddling the lanes, almost hit a bus... My friend got so car sick. The old couple were unimpressed. They preferred their Lexus. I on the other hand was very impressed. I don't get why everyone is complaining about the interior plastic. It looked & felt fine to me. The only part of the interior that looked cheap to me was the way the rear corners of the padded armrest don't seem to meet up with the trim below. It's more noticeable in the cars with the Light Dune interior. The power of the 2.0EB however was unimpressive but overall the MKZ is a nicer drive than our MKS. And the start/stop of the hybrid takes getting used to. When we got back to the hub one of the reps asked how the drive was and I guess I was cranky because I went off about how poorly this event was planned and how it was nothing like it was explained online and how disappointed I was to drive over an hour to the event and my friend who was also registered didn't even get a chance to drive. Then there was a line to get the free gift (a $20 Visa gift card or a jar of homemade jam) and of course I was last in line. After I filled out the survey the Lincoln rep pulled me aside to apologize. He invited me back for a Thursday or Friday drive that would include the advertised artisan stops and offered me (2) $20 gift cards, a jar of Strawberry-Rose jam, and a pair of LSTN ear buds (a $50 item).

BTW that's me in the pic getting my finger bit by the white puppy at the driver switch.

HelloAgain.jpg

I tell you they need to get rid of everyone involved with this "Hello Again" crap. It really isn't this complicated to get people interested in Lincoln again and this Artsy crap ain't gonna cut it. Seriously......Homemade Jam...Organic Cereals.

Fire this Agency and move on.

That kind of marketing doesn't do anything for me, but all of the other premium makers do something nearly identical, from BMW to my dear, departed Saab. They all have "lifestyle" magazines that do co-marketing with "compatible" brands.

Again, I'm unmoved, but it obviously works for some people or all of these makes wouldn't spend the time and money...