Question for plants who now have mechanical Skilled Trades implemented

Ktp1989

Eventually we are all going to it...combining all the mechanical trades together makes no sense to me, yet I know it's a matter of time before everyone goes to it. That being said, for the plants that have already gone to it I had a quick question...When all the trades were combined to mechanical, how was seniority set? Obviously we are all entering the mechanical trade at the same time so do we all go to the same date of entry and if so does your plant seniority now dictate seniority? Just curious how this is working seniority wise when they lump us all together...thanks

My question is say all the Pipefitters have 30 years in and all the Millwrights have 20 years...we are all now the same classification so how would it work if all the PF decided they wanted to be on one shift...how would that work? Even though we are mechanical which is basically a way to cut jobs...the core trade will still have to perform certain tasks and if none are in the area because the seniority...it would seem now we force guys that have more time to a shift they don't want because of the unbalanced seniority by trade.

Seems to me we should all have the same seniority date of entry when we all joined a mechanical team and then use you Ford seniority as the deciding factor...just my opinion.

You could have all welders on one shift. It don't matter what your trade is. Everyone asked to do same jobs. It is crazy at flat rock. Back yard mechanic mentality here. We are running fusion and mustang now. You cover one area sometimes with a partner but mostly work by yourself. In body shop right now on day shift there have been days we run with only 12 tradesmen total. Usually couple electricians and rest mechanical. Run around like a chicken with head cut off fixing shut.

FRAP local contract:

MSOG

*The Mechanical Sectional Occupational Group will perform work including but not limited

to: Layout, fabricate, build, re-build, form, erect, construct, frame, manufacture, assemble,

secure, burn, weld, install, calibrate, maintain, and repair any equipment, systems,

facilities, parts, machinery, apparatus, tools, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, gear

reducers, compressors, conveyors, platforms, transversers, cylinders, piping systems and

components, plumbing systems and components, tool calibration and repair, lubrication

systems, HVAC systems, welding systems, painting systems, fans, blowers, pulleys, belts,

couplings, drives, dollies, cranes, roadways, fences, gates, guards, posts, roof repairs,

core drilling, locks, signs, fire protections systems, air supply houses, relative to aspects of

mechanical trades such as pipefitter, plumber, machine repair, millwright, battery watering

for powered industrial equipment, WEMR, carpenter and welderFrap local contract:

Edited by swine77

You could have all welders on one shift. It don't matter what your trade is. Everyone asked to do same jobs. It is crazy at flat rock. Back yard mechanic mentality here. We are running fusion and mustang now. You cover one area sometimes with a partner but mostly work by yourself. In body shop right now on day shift there have been days we run with only 12 tradesmen total. Usually couple electricians and rest mechanical. Run around like a chicken with head cut off fixing shut.

Why do YOU..."run around like a chicken with head cut off fixing shut"......Do they have a gun to your head, or have they really cut it off?