The war on Xmas in her own words...Lulz will be had

At least for those of us not enamored of the Palin family and her opening move in the battle for the 2016 nomination.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/11/sarah-palin-war-christmas-book-good-tidings-great-joy.html

1. An angry atheist with a lawyer is one of the most powerful persons in America.

Get yourself a lawyer Nick and you can be oh so powerful

2. Atheism’s track record makes the Spanish Inquisition seem like Disneyland by comparison.

My personal favorite is this one....

Because hearing a word you don’t want to hear is a big frickin’ deal.

And you guys talk about my language. So you don't like my blue chatter, big fucking deal, right Sarah?

But really isn't this one that can be turned around?

Whats wrong with saying "Happy Holidays" as it is the time of the year with multiple holidays? Why is hearing "Happy holidays" so offensive to conservatives?

Whats wrong with saying "Happy Holidays" as it is the time of the year with multiple holidays? Why is hearing "Happy holidays" so offensive to conservatives?

"Happy Holidays" does not harm me at all. And I a not attempting to convert anyone, athiests included, when I say, "Merry Christmas".

It's the move to demand the end to saying "Merry Christmas" that is the problem. It's an attack on religious freedom.

Freedom "OF" Religion is a protected right.

Freedom "FROM" religion is not.

"Happy Holidays" does not harm me at all. And I a not attempting to convert anyone, athiests included, when I say, "Merry Christmas".

It's the move to demand the end to saying "Merry Christmas" that is the problem. It's an attack on religious freedom.

Freedom "OF" Religion is a protected right.

Freedom "FROM" religion is not.

A person does not have freedom of religion if the government is not free of religion.

As for private business they have the right to tell their employees what to say to customers and as an employee your freedom of religion does not interfere with at will employment.

A person does not have freedom of religion if the government is not free of religion.

As for private business they have the right to tell their employees what to say to customers and as an employee your freedom of religion does not interfere with at will employment.

I dare say that the government is not/has not/never shall be free of the influence of religion.

Yet, there is no citation of the Constitution nor the Declaration Of Independence that stipulates that religion within the government is barred. Rather, "respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" refers to limiting government dictating adherence to a state religion or limiting the people's right to adhere to their choice of religion or none.

I dare say that the government is not/has not/never shall be free of the influence of religion.

Yet, there is no citation of the Constitution nor the Declaration Of Independence that stipulates that religion within the government is barred. Rather, "respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" refers to limiting government dictating adherence to a state religion or limiting the people's right to adhere to their choice of religion or none.

I'm not asking that it be free from influence as i think government should be influenced by all that society and the people bring to the table, including atheism, humanism and respectfully, all religions. However influence is not demonstration of a particular religion simply because that is a small part of establishment, and a very large part of discrimination against the people who don't share the same views.

It is significant that conservatives have spoken of Mob Rule when discussing the virtues of a Republic and yet do not see the same "Rule" when prescribing a preponderance of Christian believers as a reason for allowing certain establishments. To post a open and outright reference to a particular religion is to suggest more than an influence, it is a paean to that religion by those in government. That to my eyes is an establishment within the community.

Happy Holidays bothers alot of Christians because they feel the culture is being molded away from Christian values by way of political correctness. Because multiple holidays fall around the time of christmas, it's now politically incorrect to say merry christmas to everyone when the possibility of someone celebrating hannakah or kwanza exists. And I dont think its just this issue that is the reason for the contempt, but that many people who would love to see the disenfranchisement of the conservative christian movement are backing this idea.

Christians can tell me Merry Christmas all they want. I just hope they understand the origins of the holiday when they tell me though. :shrug:

I dare say that most people who do say "Merry Christmas" have nothing but well wishes for a motive. Peace on Earth, good will toward men. And of those "Christians" who say it are generally meaning similar intent.

Granted, there are outliers in the Christian movement that want to damn you to hell fr buying a child his first tricycle on the day of Jesus' birth, but they are the minority, by far.

Pagan rituals, while the source of many aspects of the season, are as much to worry about as the idea that Thanksgiving is about football, or the Fourth of July is about hamburgers and beer.

I'd bet you a doughnut that ANY person that greets you with "Merry Christmas" has little or no animosity or intent to step on anyone's religious beliefs. It just humans trying to express the dream or peace among each other.

Happy Hanukkah, Kwanza, Merry Christmas, and Have A Good Day, to you all. But, "Season's Greetings" sounds too corporate speak and relatively cold-hearted, IMHO. I'd almost prefer, "Happy Overindulgence in materialistic rituals and Commercialized profiteering in the name of annual sales targets".

Happy Holidays bothers alot of Christians because they feel the culture is being molded away from Christian values by way of political correctness. Because multiple holidays fall around the time of christmas, it's now politically incorrect to say merry christmas to everyone when the possibility of someone celebrating hannakah or kwanza exists. And I dont think its just this issue that is the reason for the contempt, but that many people who would love to see the disenfranchisement of the conservative christian movement are backing this idea.

Thank God that it is being molded away.

If Christians really knew the history of the Holiday in this country, well they'd actually be no longer ignorant of history, but they'd realize that Christians themselves fought a bigger war on the holiday than liberals and atheists ever did.

• Like 1