2007 Chevy Suburban

First of all, I find it amusing how you take your Ford vehicle in for service and you end up driving out with the competition's product (as a loaner that is). So the F 150 had to go in for a few routine maint. items, and I as a loaner vehicle I received a 2007 Chevy Suburban.

GM did their homework in a lot of areas. It really is a nice vehicle, the interior looks better than some Cadillac vehicles and the SUV has good ergonoimcs overall. I realize automakers want to use less and less space for buttons these days, but the climate control and trip computer buttons are too small, too close together, and in some cases not placed properly. The leather feesl great, but it would be nice if it didn't feel as if I was sitting on overstuffed lumpy pillows. I would like to see a little less hard plastic.

The MDS works seemlesly, and even at 782 miles the truck was returning an average fuel economy of 16.8 which IMO is great. The transmission is fairly smooth, the powertrain seems capable and refined, but gearing is rather odd along with throtle tip in.

All-in-all they are nice trucks. Hate to say it but those remaining consumers that long for an SUV that size would be well served in that vehicle. Not to mention the fact that it only stickered for 37K w/ a fair amount of options. Now if only I could get behind the wheel of an Expedition.

The Suburban is quite the looker! I see them saturating the burbs again and they all look pretty smart and tidy. The design is similar to what happened to the Explorer in 2002. It's recognizable but much neater!

The new Expedition looks a lot like the old one, but that's not really a bad thing...just disappointing. The new Expy interior is sharp and some of the features are big sellig points, like the console shifter and IRS...don't forget the fold-flat rear seat! The Suburban has some other nice features, like a camera for reversing.

I probably could be convinced to like one over the other, but the Suburban fits my design preference. The Expedotion is the academic's choice, you have to appreciate the hardware design to get over its less attractive exterior design

...Come to think of it, that tends to be the case for many cars.