What is Free Website to track VIN

bobbyd

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't found a link that gets me my window sticker either. I've tried them all.

Heads up.... I just tried again and got my window sticker. So, as of Thursday it didn't exist. Sometime between then and now it worked.

Edited by Hydro

Hydro, when it wasn't working, did it just hang up or did it give you some sort of error?

If the Etis site just spins, try it later as it's likely down for mx... if you put in an unknown VIN it will tell you, and if it put in a known VIN that hasn't been built yet it will give something like '31.11.2002' as the buid date.

Once your car is actually built, Etis will start providing details about it. I checked today, and my Fusion was built yesterday. Not sure if it's the same for everyone, but for me it was 3 or so weeks from having my VIN until a window sticker was generated, and then 5 days from window sticker to built. All I can say is keep checking researchmaniacs.com for your window sticker and Etis for the build date. Eventually it will start to show up.

Edited by ReadySetSmoke

Is there any other site or ways to track? Etis still shows a Transit for me and I already have my window sticker off the links from the hybrid forum. I'm getting some info from the employee vehicle tracking here at blueoval, but he's kinda a dick and has strict rules. I just want to see what happened on my build today and can't update with him until next week.

Edited by Hydro

^ thanks, just checked. It's still showing 11-30-2000 so i guess it wasn't built today. I originally had a date of the 16th, then moved to the 19th.....hopefully it doesn't keep getting pushed out. My $750 coupon expires 2-5-14 :sos:

I'm not sure about other ways to track your order, I'm just passing along info that I've found out during my attempt to track my car. If it was build on the 19th, it should show up on Etis today with the actual build date, all you can do is check every day. The details of your car will also eventually expand too. I checked the VIN of dealer inventory, and there were a lot more details about that car.

He's more like a "Soup Nazi". He has very specific rules, and I can live with that, otherwise he's bombarded with requests. I just don't like the artificial ass kissing that goes on with most posts. I didn't read that in the rules. I figure polite is enough.

If you check Etis now, you'll see your car was born yesterday!!

Edited by ReadySetSmoke
  • Like 1

^Thanks RSS, you're right. I just checked etis and it does now say 12-19-13 build :yahoo:. I hear you on the soup Nazi thing and ass kissing. There are so many "rules" and if somebody has a hiccup he nuts up. It's actually kinda entertaining to read through other peoples builds watching him blow a gasket :slapfight: and the major brown nosing just to get an update :doh: