MKZ (2013) THX car stereo problem

lowfatdog

Does anyone know a reason why the regular stereo in the 2013 MKZ would sound better that the thx sound system in the MKZ? Even the volume, in the regular one is much louder. It also seems clearer in the normal one also. Has anyone else noticed this ? I'm not so sure this great upgraded stereo is special at all!

I tried dsp both ways and I really heard no difference to speak of. The sound is set at the center point ( left, right, back front) I'm not so sure what else to try. It doesn't sound bad but for a comparison, the reg stereo turned up a quarter of the way sounds about as loud as half way up on the THX system. It doesnt sound to bad but it just doesnt sound like a upgrade of any type. Should reception be worse with a panoramic top compared to one with a regular sun roof? Reception seems worse on this car also . Any ideas on things to try?

I only saw 2 DSP choices...surround and stereo. I will have to check out another one on the lot. Both radio and USB are the sources. I had a reg stereo mkz for 6 months. I reconized the difference as soon as I listened to the thx system. Just listened to a reg Mkx stereo again.