13 mkx Ambient Lighting color reverts to white

About once a week my ambient lighting reverts to white. When I go to reset, it still is on red but rotates then to white. lasts about a week. Some say it may be tied to low battery or issue with window auto up not working always? I have seen others say this issue is present on another forum. Does anyone here have this? Any known fix? I have had the latest service patch and no change.

My MKZ does this too, but I haven't experienced any other issues with the battery or windows as you mentioned. There's obviously a bug somewhere in the code, but I haven't figured out the trigger yet. It only happens once or twice a month, and is but a minor nuisance so I just change it back and forget about it.

I'm pretty sure there is a TSB for the auto up feature. Our first MKZ had the front driver side and back windows not working properly (auto up feature). Sometimes it's just a reprogram and if it happens on the rear doors they might have to replace something in each door. A lot depends on the date of build also (I think). I also thought I heard about the ambient lighting thing. I can't remember if it was just a reprogram issue or if it was one they have "under investigaton" . Your best bet is to take it into the shop and have them research it.

I've had the ambient lights revert to white several times. It seemed to start once the weather turned cold. I've also noticed two other things when it's been cold. First, when I turn off the car, I get a message saying that the system is shutting down to preserve battery (radio, and displays turn off rather than stay on until I open the door). Second, the tones that play when the car starts and the beeps the parking assist makes are harsher, less pleasant-sounding (usually lasts a day or two then reverts back to the more pleasant-sounding tones) - almost sounds like a beta version of the tones before the refined them. I haven't been able to correlate all 3 together (they don't all happen at the same time), but they do seem to occur when the weather is cold. We'll see if they go away once the weather starts warming up (hopefully soon!). Oh yeah, one other behavior I've seen - only twice though - 3 of my four windows (all but the front passenger side) are down when I go out to my car in the morning. Fortunately, it's in the garage, but that one is very strange. I do occasionally get the auto-up not working, too, but that happened regardless of the temperature.

Although I don't have a lincoln (2011 Explorer Limited), many people with the Explorers have reported the same issue with the ambient lighting. It started I believe with the MFT 3.6.2 update. The Explorer's default color is a light blue and it randomly defaults to that color. I find it happens with ours once every 1-2 weeks as well. So it's not just your Lincoln's doing it.

The Ford IVT teams response has been to bring it to your dealer to troubleshoot but we all know it can't be duplicated.. it's just a random event.

My 13 Z exhibits this ambient light default to white as well as the auto up window feature glitch. It’s probably only done it a half a dozen times since I purchased it (May of 2013) and I’ve always assumed it was caused by some sort of reset similar when one shuts down their smart phone to reset. This has me questioning that with all the technology in our cars is there a way for use to “shut down & restart the system”, again as one would do with a smart phone.

Software glitches seem to be the last thing they think to fix on new cars.

I just picked mine up at the dealer today. Had the latest recall done, and asked that they fix the adaptive headlight warning that started appearing every time I started it, plus the ambient lighting defaulting to white, and the non-working heated wheel. Got the recall done, naturally they couldn't duplicate the default to white glitch, but they did get the warning light fixed. Had to order a part for the heated wheel repair, won't be in for a few days.