Visit the Factory

Visit the Factory  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bill Ford and Mark Fields spend more time seeing what's happening down in the trenches?

• Yes
    • No.
    • Don't care.

assuming they did visit a factory- do you really think they would even know what they were looking at or how to spot inefficiencies? those guys are white collar, college bred, bean counters. they only look at metrics on spreadsheets, not the actual operations. besides, if a plant knew one of them were coming, they'd do all the can to show them their best areas and hide all the other problem areas so it wouldn't matter anyway. hell you should see the "dog and pony show" at our plant when a SBU manager or VP makes a visit let alone a top guy.

Edited by mnm

I think they need to show up unannounced and see how management runs the factories. Boy would they be pissed!! I'm sure the dynamic duo would get an earfull from the people on the floor about ....well, everything.

Now that you mentioned it, PFA, I don't think that would be a bad idea, not at all. It wouldn't bother me one bit if they decided to do EXACTLY that. It wouldn't hurt for Bill Jr and Mark Ford to find out what the REAL DEAL is, in fact, they'd be able to go back to the Glass House with a lot of suggestions and imput from both salary and hourly that may be the ticket to putting Ford back on track. It DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN IT IS A HEAD CHOPPING TOUR. If you think about it, an awful lot of people in the plants have sat around and talked about a lot of ideas on what Ford ought to try to bring into the product lineups. Nothing beats going out to the front lines and listening and seeing what the troops have to say and work with :rockon::rockon::rockon: