Radar detector hard wiring recommendations?

Boat Racer

I have a 2013 Fusion Titanium and would like to hard wire my Valentine 1 radar detector for a cleaner installation. My car has the "box/enclosure" in front of the rear view mirror (maybe for the camera) so I can't see any of the 12v wiring to the mirror. The V1 is mounted via a Blendmount just below the mirror. Has anyone tried to hard wire a detector (with a '13 or '14 Fusion) with the box in front of the rear view mirror?

I'd follow Nick's advice.

Running a separate circuit from the fusebox for the V1 will make trouble shooting easier if anything goes south in the future.

You will also be able to add a remove audio plug, or remote display somewhere more accessible in the future with this option.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess that I could do it that way if I can't figure out how to wire it to the mirror wiring. I have a C6 Corvette and use the same V1 in it and was able to use a short (12" or so) "Invisicord" from the V1 to the mirror wiring and it is a very clean looking installation. I had hoped to do the same with the Fusion but since the wiring to the mirror is not visible, it is not as easy to do it the same way.