2009 Milan inner door handles!

boominup

I know that this is a Fusion/ MKZ forum but my problem involves the Milan as they all seem to have the same problem. During the summer of 2013, the chrome on the left front inside door handle peeled up and was as sharp as a knife especially when you were not expecting to be cut. This happened on the mold line that leaves a crease when the plastic part comes out of the mold. The chrome plating peels straight up and that is where your thumb comes in contact with the handle. I had all intentions of going to my dealer with this but after a few days the plastic gear behind the handle broke leaving the door lock inoperable. I purchased an OEM handle which I replaced on my own. Last month in March, don't you know, the same thing happened to the front right side handle. The only thing is this time it drew blood from me, sliced my thumb on my right hand as I was riding shotgun. NO HELP FROM THE DEALER!!! Should I contact the feds at the NHSA with this since this is definitely a safety issue. Using a door handle in your car should NOT draw blood like a razor blade! We love our car but this is not right especially the reaction from my dealer. This car only has 43K miles on it and is still practically new. I kept the 2nd handle as proof of what happens. These things are about $50 each. Your thoughts if anyone else has experienced this and how did you resolve this?

Seriously? The NHTSA? Replace the door handle and call it a day. Stuff happens and you're out of warranty.

SERIOUSLY!!! Ford doesn't seem to care! But I do!!! So you think that is normal?? Those door handles have been a problem and a complaint since 2006 from what I could dig up!