My comparison: Eleven compact sedans

I took a close look at our Focus' last night and did not see any misaligned interior pieces. I looked at the neighbor's Civic last night too just to compare.

I found that the Focus is just superior to the Civic, especially when comparing materials. The Focus has a more upscale feel, as well (ours are SE).

I checked out Washington Examiner on Wikipedia and the print edition shut down last year because it had only 45,000 subscribers.

Frankly, I think people like that bring articles to forums like this to gin up viewership on their own web pages to enhance advertising cash.

Perhaps it is just me but I take offense to this, especially when somebody pastes it on a Ford forum and then slams the brand.

Recall he did this with Taurus earlier in the year.

Am I making too much of this?

Don't sweat it, opinions are like xxxholes, everyone has one! :drool:

By far the most confusing door locks I've ever encountered were on a rental Fiat 500. You actually push the door release handle in, towards the door, to lock. It wasn't intuitive at all, and there were no indications whatsoever on the handle. And, of course, like most rentals, the owner's manual wasn't in the glove box. That was infuriating!

I took a close look at our Focus' last night and did not see any misaligned interior pieces. I looked at the neighbor's Civic last night too just to compare.

I found that the Focus is just superior to the Civic, especially when comparing materials. The Focus has a more upscale feel, as well (ours are SE).

I checked out Washington Examiner on Wikipedia and the print edition shut down last year because it had only 45,000 subscribers.

Frankly, I think people like that bring articles to forums like this to gin up viewership on their own web pages to enhance advertising cash.

Perhaps it is just me but I take offense to this, especially when somebody pastes it on a Ford forum and then slams the brand.

Recall he did this with Taurus earlier in the year.

Am I making too much of this?

The Washington Examiner newspaper is unrelated to Examiner.com. And yep, I posted here to earn nearly one cent for each person who clicked. I am making bank off you, yep. Probably almost a dollar!

About interior quality, the Civic got upgraded interiors for both the 2013 and 2014 model years; which year were you in? And do you also have photos of the problems you found?

I've liked different Fords different amounts. Fusion, Flex, and Explorer have all been at or near the tops of the comparisons they've been in. Escape was in the middle. Taurus and Focus at or near the back. Shall I post only nice things?

• Like 2