Batavia Help??

goingcrazy

If anyone knows anything about what is happening in Batavia, Please help!! We hear rumors hour to hour, as I am sure others do to...It is enough to make someone crazy. We really don't know what is going on with the buyouts, if they effect Batavia and Sharonville or just Batavia? Who will be eligible and how many buyouts will be offered, and how much they will be? Does the buyout (if Offered) depend on the number of years you have worked? I wish that they would at least give the employees a date when they can expect to hear something, that would help at least!! But I know that is not how things work in the corporate world. I guess I should be patient, but it is hard!!! We have heard they plant may have been sold, but do not know to whom.... :shrug:

Anyone with info, please share..I will truly appreciate it!!

sorry for the double post...not sure what happened :(

Sorry for the Double Post, not sure what happened.. :(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of right now, the buyouts are for Batavia ONLY! The first wave of 400 buyouts will be to try and get the 217 on layoff out of Fords' Unemployment and SUB liabilities. The remaining 183 will be early retirements or those that just want a buyout or education. The next wave of 400 buyouts will be early 2007, thats when CVT is completely done and CD4E will scale back production. Those buyouts will be early retirements, education and straight up $$$ buyouts also. When CD4E goes down in 2008, thats when the next 400 of so buyouts will happen and Batavia is done.

Sharonville will possibly be getting buyouts also. With the 5R100W being the only transmission SHV builds,supposed to be replaced in 2009 with an updated cousin of the 5R110W, both lines are supposed to run side by side until 2010. SHV also buils CD4E for BTV, FN parts for Wayne Assembly, 90% of all torque converters for ALL of Fords' transmissions, and all gearing for the 6F program.

As of right now, there are about 16 people in BTV with SHV recall rights. Not sure if there are eligible for the BTV buyouts or not. Contract states they have to go back to SHV either back on the floor or in GEN after they are there for 40 weeks.

Please read your contracts and local agreements. Those in Batavia can come to SHV but for only 48 weeks total then they have to return to Batavia in GEN. I beleive what is going to happen and this is my opinion only, that since that agreement is there, that those in Batavia are being bought out because if they go to SHV and stay the 48 weeks max, they have nothing to go back to. So the buyout would equal the amount $$$ of 48 weeks worked.

There are some in SHV with 2004 seniority, but they transfered through the transfer agreement and now have SHV as their home plant. Before anyone from BTV can come the SHV, all of the people from SHV that are on layoff have to be back in the building and on the shop floor working before they can be bumped into GEN or layoff again. As long as one person in SHV is on layoff or in GEN, No one from BTV can come over. I think and my opinion only, is with that roadblock, BTV people will be kinda forced into taking a buyout or end up with an unemployment slip and empty pockets.

As of right now, the buyouts are for Batavia ONLY! The first wave of 400 buyouts will be to try and get the 217 on layoff out of Fords' Unemployment and SUB liabilities. The remaining 183 will be early retirements or those that just want a buyout or education. The next wave of 400 buyouts will be early 2007, thats when CVT is completely done and CD4E will scale back production. Those buyouts will be early retirements, education and straight up $$$ buyouts also. When CD4E goes down in 2008, thats when the next 400 of so buyouts will happen and Batavia is done.

Sharonville will possibly be getting buyouts also. With the 5R100W being the only transmission SHV builds,supposed to be replaced in 2009 with an updated cousin of the 5R110W, both lines are supposed to run side by side until 2010. SHV also buils CD4E for BTV, FN parts for Wayne Assembly, 90% of all torque converters for ALL of Fords' transmissions, and all gearing for the 6F program.

As of right now, there are about 16 people in BTV with SHV recall rights. Not sure if there are eligible for the BTV buyouts or not. Contract states they have to go back to SHV either back on the floor or in GEN after they are there for 40 weeks.

Please read your contracts and local agreements. Those in Batavia can come to SHV but for only 48 weeks total then they have to return to Batavia in GEN. I beleive what is going to happen and this is my opinion only, that since that agreement is there, that those in Batavia are being bought out because if they go to SHV and stay the 48 weeks max, they have nothing to go back to. So the buyout would equal the amount $$$ of 48 weeks worked.

There are some in SHV with 2004 seniority, but they transfered through the transfer agreement and now have SHV as their home plant. Before anyone from BTV can come the SHV, all of the people from SHV that are on layoff have to be back in the building and on the shop floor working before they can be bumped into GEN or layoff again. As long as one person in SHV is on layoff or in GEN, No one from BTV can come over. I think and my opinion only, is with that roadblock, BTV people will be kinda forced into taking a buyout or end up with an unemployment slip and empty pockets.

I heard that trades weren't going to be offered the buyouts right now. What's the reason for that?

Hey Mickey you don,t know rat shit from rice crispies what the hell your talking about take your may 04 ass to the union hall and get your money and shut the hell up. asshead if you want to drop all of your uaw knolege on us tell us your opinion on the "zf super seniority agreement" that our great union did for you and fucked the ford worker in the process. :titanic: :titanic: there she blows mickey

Ah yes, the almighty "ZF Super Seniority Rumor".

I have heard many stories of this while working. Now this is only my opinion, but if this were true, I wouldn't be laid-off right now.

You should ask a Union member to see if there's anything in the local agreement....I GUARENTEE that they give you a bulls--t copy of the 2003 "ZF" local agreement. I asked for a "current" copy, and the excuse was "It hasn't come off the printer yet." My opinion, they never made one. Why two years later can't they produce one.......because.......... "They can do that!" Those of you that worked there now what I'm saying. :sandbox:

Ah yes, the almighty "ZF Super Seniority Rumor".

I have heard many stories of this while working. Now this is only my opinion, but if this were true, I wouldn't be laid-off right now.

You should ask a Union member to see if there's anything in the local agreement....I GUARENTEE that they give you a bulls--t copy of the 2003 "ZF" local agreement. I asked for a "current" copy, and the excuse was "It hasn't come off the printer yet." My opinion, they never made one. Why two years later can't they produce one.......because.......... "They can do that!" Those of you that worked there now what I'm saying. :sandbox:

i agree. If zf had super senority then I would'nt have been laid off three times. think about it. and yes "they can do that" lol

Edited by mrcvtman

Hey Mickey you don,t know rat shit from rice crispies what the hell your talking about take your may 04 ass to the union hall and get your money and shut the hell up. asshead if you want to drop all of your uaw knolege on us tell us your opinion on the "zf super seniority agreement" that our great union did for you and fucked the ford worker in the process. :titanic: :titanic: there she blows mickey

First of all, I would like to say I'm not Mickey and I dont quite know to whom you are referring to. Please refrain from using names unless you have permission from that person to use their name.

ZF workers didnt have "super seniority'. ZF owned the building. They owned/leased the work. They owned the machines. The only reason Ford was there was because Ford had a contract with the UAW to build the CD4E in Batavia. Ford workers were leased contract employees to ZF. If ZF still owned the building, the ZF workers would still be the ones on layoff right now because of their seniority. When the ZF workers came into the Ford fold, thats when your seniority actually got better. If we had rejected coming into Ford, then no one from AAP, Louisville, KY Truck, Michigan Truck, AAI, Kansas City, Indianapolis, Lorain-Avon Lake would have come back to Batavia, therefore bumping more ZF people down the seniority chain. If ZF still owned the building and the CD4E would have ended in late 2006 as first scheduled, the Ford people would still be the ones building the CD4E because of the contract with the UAW. If it were to end in 2006, the lease with the Ford contract employees would have been terminated with the work. With the CVT gone and CD4E gone, we were all out of jobs. ZF workers had their own labor agreement with the UAW with same pay scale and close benefits but without the transfer rights and SUB & GEN. The Union did you a favor by getting the ZF workers into the Ford fold, you now have seniority over 400+ people and not just the few you once did. Print this out and take it to you building chairman and let him tell you if this isnt true.

First of all, I would like to say I'm not Mickey and I dont quite know to whom you are referring to. Please refrain from using names unless you have permission from that person to use their name.

ZF workers didnt have "super seniority'. ZF owned the building. They owned/leased the work. They owned the machines. The only reason Ford was there was because Ford had a contract with the UAW to build the CD4E in Batavia. Ford workers were leased contract employees to ZF. If ZF still owned the building, the ZF workers would still be the ones on layoff right now because of their seniority. When the ZF workers came into the Ford fold, thats when your seniority actually got better. If we had rejected coming into Ford, then no one from AAP, Louisville, KY Truck, Michigan Truck, AAI, Kansas City, Indianapolis, Lorain-Avon Lake would have come back to Batavia, therefore bumping more ZF people down the seniority chain. If ZF still owned the building and the CD4E would have ended in late 2006 as first scheduled, the Ford people would still be the ones building the CD4E because of the contract with the UAW. If it were to end in 2006, the lease with the Ford contract employees would have been terminated with the work. With the CVT gone and CD4E gone, we were all out of jobs. ZF workers had their own labor agreement with the UAW with same pay scale and close benefits but without the transfer rights and SUB & GEN. The Union did you a favor by getting the ZF workers into the Ford fold, you now have seniority over 400+ people and not just the few you once did. Print this out and take it to you building chairman and let him tell you if this isnt true.

btv to shv transferree...........tells us about your transfer agreement theory??? :D

Edited by mrcvtman

Yeah, I put a transfer in almost a year ago. Nothing ever happened until Ford announced that they were closing Batavia.

I saw I was one of the 16 that was on the official list to go there. Then FMC says there closing BTV, so 1/2 of the plant signs up to go there also. I had my request in for months before this happened.

Well, a person with more seniority wouldn't have the right to go before me unless 14 days after the transfer was submitted. Well guess what, 14 days go by and THEN all of a sudden a letter goes up with 16 people going over there that had a lot of seniority, bumping me to the very bottom. I wanted to transfer for personal reasons esablished well before the announcement. Funny how that didn't work out. Oh well, I'm over it now, but that's just an example. :angry:

Edited by MasterJedi

Transfer Agreement theory? No theories, just contract.

The Transfer Agreement is a 1 for 1 switch between BTV and SHV employees. When the SHV employee decides they want to go to BTV or vise versa, they then sign a list. When there is one on the list at each plant, then the company has 14 days to swap them. They carry all their seniority with them but change home plants. 1 for 1.

Transfer Agreement <-- click here to see a copy of the transfer agreement.

The Job Security Agreement is if a BTV or SHV employee is reduced to layoff, but has seniority in the other plant, then after 60 days on layoff, they can go to the other plant, diplace the junior employee for a maximum of 48 weeks. Then they must return to BTV or SHV either on the floor, seniority permitting, or in GEN.

Job Security Agreement <-- click here to see a copy of the job security agreement.

There are 16 people in BTV with SHV home plant. They came over in June and they have to return to SHV in February 2007 no matter what.

I heard that BTV CVT will take a down week next week then work one week then have another layoff. Just a rumor that I heard. Dont take that for truth yet.

Transfer Agreement theory? No theories, just contract.

The Transfer Agreement is a 1 for 1 switch between BTV and SHV employees. When the SHV employee decides they want to go to BTV or vise versa, they then sign a list. When there is one on the list at each plant, then the company has 14 days to swap them. They carry all their seniority with them but change home plants. 1 for 1.

Transfer Agreement <-- click here to see a copy of the transfer agreement.

The Job Security Agreement is if a BTV or SHV employee is reduced to layoff, but has seniority in the other plant, then after 60 days on layoff, they can go to the other plant, diplace the junior employee for a maximum of 48 weeks. Then they must return to BTV or SHV either on the floor, seniority permitting, or in GEN.

Job Security Agreement <-- click here to see a copy of the job security agreement.

There are 16 people in BTV with SHV home plant. They came over in June and they have to return to SHV in February 2007 no matter what.

I heard that BTV CVT will take a down week next week then work one week then have another layoff. Just a rumor that I heard. Dont take that for truth yet.

i'm talking about how you think that your not gonna lose your job because your home plant is shv. and people with 20yrs can't bump you because you have shv home plant. yeah right.

I forgot to add, that if all SUB & GEN funds are exhausted, then any BTV or SHV employee can then bump any local 863 junior employee, no matter what building they are in. As long as SUB & GEN funds are there, it does matter what home plant you have.

you are not reading the agreement correctly. oh well, soon enough.

My reply to that is, if I'm currently on layoff, and I spent my 48 weeks on layoff or in BTV, then I go into GEN in SHV and cant be on layoff or bumped out by anyone untill at least September 2007. I spent my maximum amount of weeks on layoff per master agreement.

you are not reading the agreement correctly. oh well, soon enough.

What am I not reading correctly. It's in english and perfectly spelled out. What is your reading?

if you read the agreement then you will see that you have an option of exercising your seniority at batavia imediately instead of serving the 48 weeks of layoff. its an option. seniority permitting....

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7453/jsawv2.jpg

True, but from my understanding, I don't think this applies if there are people currently laid off at both plants.

True, but from my understanding, I don't think this applies if there are people currently laid off at both plants.

You are correct MasterJedi, if anyone from a plant is on layoff, then no one can come in from SHV or BTV. In BTV before the June 2006 layoff, there was only 23 on layoff. On March 27, 2006, 80 people in SHV were on layoff. They were actually to be on layoff before that date, but with the 23 in BTV still having recall rights up to March 22, 2006, no one from SHV could go to BTV. The 23 had recall rights to match the amount of time they had in. The master agreement calls for all employess that have 1 full year in to have recall rights to the end of the agreement, those people only had 9 months (source: Letters of Understanding volume 4: Page 259). But if the SHV people were to go on layoff March 27, 2006 then the 23 in BTV on layoff have exhausted their recall rights, therefore no one was officially on layoff from BTV anymore. The SHV people came after 60 days. It was a timing game, sort of. I do feel bad for the 23. I want them back also.

Edited by BTV to SHV Transferee

who is to say if that is the case...that they can't recall laid off people for a day.. then move accordingly.

True, but then the company would be liable to renew insurance plans etc. It would cost them more money in the long run. Plus they would have to somehow justify to the company on why they are doing this.

"also, btv to shv..where are you getting your information on this? if anywhere." quote by MrCVTMan

The Force is strong with the "Transferee". I have read many forum messages from this person, his/her information is very reliable. I for one do not question his/her source of valuable info. He/she has made themselves familiar with the local & national agreements to understand its wording enough. There's a lot of "buts, ands, nor, or, notwithholdings, and if's" in the agreements to confuse just about anyone, even our reps.

Edited by MasterJedi

Clermont County Auditor still has ZF Batavia LLC as the owner of the property. It doesn't say anything about Ford Motor Co. I'm confused :shrug:

http://www.clermontauditorrealestate.org/D...tp=22&cp=12

Edited by Rascal

Clermont County Auditor still has ZF Batavia LLC as the owner of the property. It doesn't say anything about Ford Motor Co. I'm confused :shrug:

http://www.clermontauditorrealestate.org/D...tp=22&cp=12

Very interesting.

Either Clermont County hasn't updated there web site in a long time, or Ford Motor Co. only bought back so much of the plant? Maybe ZF still owns 51% and FMC owns 49%. ZF has to still have some part, ZF is stamped all over the gearbox on CVT.

True, but then the company would be liable to renew insurance plans etc. It would cost them more money in the long run. Plus they would have to somehow justify to the company on why they are doing this.

"also, btv to shv..where are you getting your information on this? if anywhere." quote by MrCVTMan

The Force is strong with the "Transferee". I have read many forum messages from this person, his/her information is very reliable. I for one do not question his/her source of valuable info. He/she has made themselves familiar with the local & national agreements to understand its wording enough. There's a lot of "buts, ands, nor, or, notwithholdings, and if's" in the agreements to confuse just about anyone, even our reps.

Thanks for the vote of confidence MasterJedi. You are correct, I read my contracts and read them thoroughly. If I have a question about interpretation, I ask the building chairman. If he cant answer my question, straight to the Intl for explanation. I call till the question is completely answered. I've even met a few times with a lawyer through the legal services program for their interpretation about things. Knowledge is power, to arm yourself with knowledge is sometimes mightier that any sword. The company doesnt want you to know your rights and they know 99% of the membership have never read their contracts or benefits books.

To answer 'MRCVTMAN's' question, when people were going to be on layoff in SHV, its was supposed to be march 20, 2006 and only temporary. SHV was going to do an 'Inverse" layoff. The Local, Intl and Corporate Labor relations had approved the Inverse. The SHV plant manager put a stop to it. As people were going to be on layoff, the plant manager agreed to let the people stay one more week to get their unemployment and SUB info in place first. This just happened to be one week later than when the 23 from BTV had lost their recall rights. 19 came over to BTV from SHV originally, 15 are still in BTV, 1 went back to SHV in GEN and 3 was on layoff again from BTV. You are correct, it would cost BTV a reinsertion fee to put them back into the insurance program for one week and then have to give them insurance for 3 months afterwards. That would have cost them thousands much less once they were back in the building, they would have been automatically GEN protected. As of right now, they're not. Ford doesnt want anymore in GEN than it has.

mickey it is you dumbass there wasn,t 5 of you that trans ferred over to shv idiot but keep telling everyone what you want first off did you know that a bunch of us were getting the lawsuit ready in 04 to get our jobs back because in zone work was availible and we were getting fucked out of it heres one for ya mick since you lick warrens balls if this great uaw team helped us why in 2000 wasn,t the olive branch extended to laid off shv workers to come over to btv to work I,ll tell you why they didn,t want no ford workers there period remember the wall that was up now a few years later zf can,t build the product ford has to buy it back now you all want to be ford thats not a problem but your time starts sept 04 thats the problem that is super seniority bitch keeping what you had fuckin the shv guy every way possible and shv union is just as guilty for allowing it .btw mickey about 04 we meaning a bunch of shv guys had meetings in detroit with the intl. and told them there was in zone work availible we want to go home or stan chesney will get us home I,m home aren,t I :kissass: print that and give it to your beb buddy warren.

Thanks for the vote of confidence MasterJedi. You are correct, I read my contracts and read them thoroughly. If I have a question about interpretation, I ask the building chairman. If he cant answer my question, straight to the Intl for explanation. I call till the question is completely answered. I've even met a few times with a lawyer through the legal services program for their interpretation about things. Knowledge is power, to arm yourself with knowledge is sometimes mightier that any sword. The company doesnt want you to know your rights and they know 99% of the membership have never read their contracts or benefits books.

To answer 'MRCVTMAN's' question, when people were going to be on layoff in SHV, its was supposed to be march 20, 2006 and only temporary. SHV was going to do an 'Inverse" layoff. The Local, Intl and Corporate Labor relations had approved the Inverse. The SHV plant manager put a stop to it. As people were going to be on layoff, the plant manager agreed to let the people stay one more week to get their unemployment and SUB info in place first. This just happened to be one week later than when the 23 from BTV had lost their recall rights. 19 came over to BTV from SHV originally, 15 are still in BTV, 1 went back to SHV in GEN and 3 was on layoff again from BTV. You are correct, it would cost BTV a reinsertion fee to put them back into the insurance program for one week and then have to give them insurance for 3 months afterwards. That would have cost them thousands much less once they were back in the building, they would have been automatically GEN protected. As of right now, they're not. Ford doesnt want anymore in GEN than it has.

[/quo mickey believes every thing them lying fucks say is the truth but I bet I know the contract as good as you do that doesn,t mean shit show me show me you can do what there doing they can,t until the judge hits the gavel to mstart the trial :titanic:

in all fairness....there was some sept 11, 2000 hires that lost recall and was given there senority anyways from sharonville. this was illegal and the contract was changed to make this happen after the fact.

(btv to shv) by the way...anyone who claims to know the contract as good as he says would at least know how to read the transfer agreement.