Clicking noise when changing direction

MountainLion

This is a weird one for me. Hopefully I can get some insight:

Sometimes I will get a clicking noise from the front left side when I let out the clutch and drive the car in forward or reverse. The most that I notice it is during the first drive of the day (it happens almost everytime - I park nose-in at my house and typically do a 3 point turn to drive out of my driveway forward). I can also get the clicking when backing up or going forward (such as the aforementioned turning around in my driveway or sometimes during parallel parking). I thought it was gravel in the treads (my driveway and road is gravel) but it is pretty regular - and I have checked for gravel in the treads. It is too regular for that. Despite my best efforts, I cannot reproduce it on command. I can go back and forth without it making noise. But then the next day it comes back, or randomly in town. I do not have it happen while changing directions (left to right - only front to back). Sometimes it is first gear, let off clutch, click click. Other times it is stop, select reverse, let out clutch, click click. It does not happen if I have been driving forward (say on a road) and stop at a light and then take off. It only happens when I change going from forward to backward, and even then not all the time.

I've done a whole bunch of detective work on this. Releasing the parking brake manually, or automatically, does not matter.

I'd like to take it in for this, but I'm afraid that because I can't reproduce it will mean that the dealer cannot reproduce it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by MountainLion

Date: 2013-05-21 Bulletin #: TSB-13-5-24

Compenent: 100000 POWER TRAIN

FORD: ON SOME VEHICLES, WHEN ACCELERATING FROM STOP OR SHIFTING BETWEEN DRIVE/REVERSE AND/OR REVERSE/DRIVE, A NOISE IS HEARD LIKE POP, TING, CLICK, COMING FROM FRONT WHEEL AREA. MODEL 2013 FUSION. *PE