Fusion Hybrid Learning route?

James Drews

I thought i read somewhere (and of course can't find it now), that the fusion would "learn" your route after a few weeks. After learning, it is supposed to attempt to run off battery for the last bit. IE, drive to work/home for 4 weeks, and the end of the trip would be mostly battery power.

Is this true? If so, is it on both the hybrid and the energi?

thanks

(patiently awaiting my hybrid order)

Found it: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2015-Fusion-Hybrid-Energi-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_05_2014.pdf

Page 152, the "EV+" mode. It is very unclear if that is a Energi only item (ie, there is no indication anywhere on that page that it would be). The last indicator of which it is talking about is up on page 150 and the section indicates both hybrid and energi models at that point.

*shrug*

EV+ works with both the Hybrid and Energi, will learn locations where you often go and then shut down, and then attempt to use EV as much as possible within about 1/2-1/4 mile from there... it normally takes about 4-10 trips for the car to learn and save an EV+ location, though some have had longer learning periods for whatever reason. The 13B07 PCM update that was done to hybrids in 2013 to improve MPG wipes out EV+ locations, and I think the pending 14E02 PCM update will wipe them out again, according to a couple user posts on the Hybrid and Energi forums.

• 1 month later...