LEngth of time from order to delivery

PsychoJoe

I ordered a Mustang about two weeks ago and I was wondering what the lag time is from order to production? As it sits the car is "Clean and un-serialized." Someone I know said that since I ordered a manual transmission it would take an extra month. Is that true. ?

Regrardless I would like to know how long each of you waited for the Mustang you ordered. Mine has a priority of 40.

Thanks, Mike

I ordered a Mustang about two weeks ago and I was wondering what the lag time is from order to production? As it sits the car is "Clean and un-serialized." Someone I know said that since I ordered a manual transmission it would take an extra month. Is that true. ?

Regrardless I would like to know how long each of you waited for the Mustang you ordered. Mine has a priority of 40.

Thanks, Mike

GTs, Manual Trannys, Verts are all build restriction items. Meaning that if a dealer has two cars at the same priority, and one is manual and the other is auto and if he got a manual order pulled last week, the auto is getting pulled this week. BTW, I would get your dealer to up your priority from 40 to 10. 40's are likely just a placeholder that he has for your order because others are in front of you and he is managing his build restrictions this way to keep it fair with his Customers. If it stays a 40, it will never be built. I would clarify this with your salesman.

I ordered my 2007 Premium GT convertible automatic the last week of May. When we returned from vacation on August 5th, the car was sitting at the dealer waiting. So thats what, 9 or 10 weeks? Mine was a priority 10 order at a pretty large local dealer here in PA.

Does that help?

• 4 years later...

Ordered my 2012 GT on March 22nd and the dealer just told me it'll be here on 18 May. So the 6-8 week time I was told turned out to be very true.

Update...car got here on 9 May instead of 18 May. Gotta love that!

Edited by ebucky

I ordered my 302 12/16 and don't have a build date yet. What is priority 80 thats what I have.

Priority 80 means your salesperson doesn't know what he is doing because it is classified as a stock order. With that high of a number, you will be lucky to have your car before the end of the model year.

All retail orders should be between 10 and 19, with 10 being built the quickest.

You really need to go talk to your salesperson or you're going to be waiting a very long time.

Priority 80 means your salesperson doesn't know what he is doing because it is classified as a stock order. With that high of a number, you will be lucky to have your car before the end of the model year.

All retail orders should be between 10 and 19, with 10 being built the quickest.

You really need to go talk to your salesperson or you're going to be waiting a very long time.

Thank you very much,I will look into it.

Ordered mine January 21st and I still don’t have the car, it was set to be here Tomorrow and now not until May 7th so if you ordered a car on March 22nd and receive it on May 18th you have a miracle worker. Can you send him my way??? I was told that if you do not recive your car by the month of may then it will not be sent until August do to a plant shut down.

Ordered mine January 21st and I still don't have the car, it was set to be here Tomorrow and now not until May 7th so if you ordered a car on March 22nd and receive it on May 18th you have a miracle worker.

I said this in another thread, but in your case it didn't help that your salesperson put your order on priority 19. If it had been 10 you might have gotten it a little quicker.

I was a priority 19 as well. I ordered on 1 April 2011, and the car was built on 27 April 2011, and is currently on rail to VA for transport. 26 days total. I also had numerous options I thought would slow it down, but it went well so far. Just awaiting the arrival. Kind of inconsistent, these orders seem to be.

I ordered Ordered 2012 Mustang 5.0L V8 GT/CS, HID Security Package, Electronics NAV Package, glass roof, 6sp manual transmission, 3.73 ratio.

I ordered at the end of march with a delivery of this week. However I guess it never made it's train dur to the train having issues, so now I have no idea on delivery date.

So just over 8 weeks, if your train doesn't break down :censored:

I am pissed to have learned that I started out a priority 19. I ordered my car on 1/3/11 and it was just built on 4/25. Now they are telling me ETA of 5/15. Nothing in this process has movefast for me! I am not happy about it. I ordered early so I would have the car here for some things in the spring.......that was 126 days ago.

I am pissed to have learned that I started out a priority 19. I ordered my car on 1/3/11 and it was just built on 4/25. Now they are telling me ETA of 5/15. Nothing in this process has movefast for me! I am not happy about it. I ordered early so I would have the car here for some things in the spring.......that was 126 days ago.

Well it just go better for me, cyberman tracked the car and told me it was off the rail car and in Allied systems shipping yard awaiting a truck to the dealer as of last Tuesday and my ETA was the 7th but the dealer swore up and down they hot listed it and I will have it Friday. Well the weekend came and went with NO car so I contacted Allied Systems myself to see what the deal was. Well low and behold, they do have the car and it has been put on hold not to ship to the dealer and awaiting a final inspection so it could sit there for up to another two weeks. I am now at my wits end and am seriously debating walking away from the deal!!!!! This has been the worst car buying experience I have ever dealt with, NO ONE HAS A CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON!! It is totally insane that I had to do Fords work because when I called to let them know the car was on hold they said “well that’s news to us”!!! Are you KIDDING!

Well it just go better for me, cyberman tracked the car and told me it was off the rail car and in Allied systems shipping yard awaiting a truck to the dealer as of last Tuesday and my ETA was the 7th but the dealer swore up and down they hot listed it and I will have it Friday. Well the weekend came and went with NO car so I contacted Allied Systems myself to see what the deal was. Well low and behold, they do have the car and it has been put on hold not to ship to the dealer and awaiting a final inspection so it could sit there for up to another two weeks. I am now at my wits end and am seriously debating walking away from the deal!!!!! This has been the worst car buying experience I have ever dealt with, NO ONE HAS A CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON!! It is totally insane that I had to do Fords work because when I called to let them know the car was on hold they said “well that’s news to us”!!! Are you KIDDING!

I know you hve been waiting long as I have,,this mess is due to some part that they must inspect on every car. Mine was built on the 25th april left on train,canme back on train and supposedly left again (unconfirmed). But I hear they are not shipping until all cars are inspected. Not sure what the problem is but It must be somthing FORD is concerned with. It sucks but better to wait then get a car with a possible problem or saftey hazard IMO

I know you hve been waiting long as I have,,this mess is due to some part that they must inspect on every car. Mine was built on the 25th april left on train,canme back on train and supposedly left again (unconfirmed). But I hear they are not shipping until all cars are inspected. Not sure what the problem is but It must be somthing FORD is concerned with. It sucks but better to wait then get a car with a possible problem or saftey hazard IMO

I totally agree with you but I hate the unknown. Just let us know what is being inspected.

I totally agree with you but I hate the unknown. Just let us know what is being inspected.

At least you guys are getting your cars built. I ordered early March, was to get on the assy line beginning of last week. Now there is some hold due to lack of navi parts from Japan I'm told . . . . dealer says they put me to 01 priority but still can't give me a new date. Anyone else hearing this issue on parts availability with any answers?

At least you guys are getting your cars built. I ordered early March, was to get on the assy line beginning of last week. Now there is some hold due to lack of navi parts from Japan I'm told . . . . dealer says they put me to 01 priority but still can't give me a new date. Anyone else hearing this issue on parts availability with any answers?

The dealer can't give you a 01 priority. Only a zone manager can. And Ford is trying to source the navigation screens from somebody else but that takes time.

You are not alone my friend. I ordered Feb 1. My ETA was 5-12 but the car has not shipped yet and there is now no ETA.

The priority code doesn't really matter on a Boss 302. The Boss, Laguna Seca, and GT500 are all manually scheduled. When the dealership gets an allocation they give the order number to the zone manager who then gets it to the region and to the scheduler in Dearborn. Whether it is a 10, 25, or 80 truly does not matter.

Priority codes only matter in relationship to other orders in the dealership.

The priority code doesn't really matter on a Boss 302. The Boss, Laguna Seca, and GT500 are all manually scheduled. When the dealership gets an allocation they give the order number to the zone manager who then gets it to the region and to the scheduler in Dearborn. Whether it is a 10, 25, or 80 truly does not matter.

Priority codes only matter in relationship to other orders in the dealership.

Thats what the dealership said and also Ford customer service.The people at customer service have been very helpfull and understanding..

• 1 month later...

My dealer told me 6-8 weeks when I placed my order, stressing that it would probably be on the longer end of that. Well, if my current ETA holds it will be just under 11 weeks. 8-10 weeks seems to be a more accurate average estimate in most cases.

• 4 weeks later...