What the UAW is legally bound to do

The UAW is legally bound to do one thing, that is represent the membership in the best interest of the membership as a whole. The UAW is a not-for-profit company. They are in business to do one thing and that is represent the labor at workplaces that have or will elect them in. The UAW does their job well. The UAW can only be as strong as the membership. When you came to work in a UAW shop and signed the Union membership card, you gave the Union the right to be your authorized representative and you agreed to pay dues accordingly with the INTL Union Constitution.

The right to work states know that if the UAW or any other Intl Union didnt exist in their states, the average wage would only be at $10.00 per hour with limited to no benefits. Those who elect to remove themselves from the Union in right to work states are just only saving themselves the cost of Union dues. They have to accept the wages and benefits the UAW negotiates for them. They have no voice or vote. If they dont like what was negotiated, tough cookies, they elected to have their voices silenced just to save a few bucks and appease the right to work republicans. They have to take something they dont like and literally have it crammed down their throat, but they gave that up. And yes, Republicans are the right to work people, not the Democrats.

They UAW can not take a percentage of any buyout. They already got their share when you paid your monthly dues. They CAN NOT take anything that you dont designate them to. If the UAW and Ford would have negotiated a fee for the buyouts, the word collusion applies, meaning 2 parties collaborate for the good one one through others. If the UAW would have this so called fee, NLRB would be all over it, and YES, the NLRB is controlled by George Bush, the very man that wants the UAW to die!

What is really scary is the NLRB's upcoming decision to allow employers to classify all welders, pipefitters, electricians, concrete workers, nurses, pharmacist, secretaries, ALL truck drivers, machine repairman, heavy highway construction, bakers and all executives type jobs as supervisors, therefore making them ineligible for Union representation. If that decision goes that way then all the UAW skilled trades are screwed. Good ol'boy Bush will do this just to get one more poke at labor before he leave office. The NLRB has a 5 person decision panel, with 4 being appointed by Bush himself. The other was appointed by the first GHW Bush. This case is known as the 'Kentucky River' case, look it up. It's for real!

They UAW can not take a percentage of any buyout. They already got their share when you paid your monthly dues. They CAN NOT take anything that you dont designate them to.

Why won't the International and Local UAWs give this information out to the membership with there signatures and guarantee. Taking the word from some unnamed UAW source is unsatisfactory.

Anyone can say anything without backing up there word on a forum.

UAW members have always paid a percentage of there profit sharing checks to the UAW even though they also pay monthly union dues to the UAW.

Why pay the UAW a percentage on profit sharing? The member already paid there monthly union dues.

Why won't the International and Local UAWs give this information out to the membership with there signatures and guarantee. Taking the word from some unnamed UAW source is unsatisfactory.

Anyone can say anything without backing up there word on a forum.

UAW members have always paid a percentage of there profit sharing checks to the UAW even though they also pay monthly union dues to the UAW.

Why pay the UAW a percentage on profit sharing? The member already paid there monthly union dues.

AMEN!!!!Why did they take a % of our profit sharing all those years??? Why did they take a cut of any lump sum payment we got???

QUOTE(BTV to SHV Transferee @ Aug 23 2006, 12:59 PM)

They UAW can not take a percentage of any buyout. They already got their share when you paid your monthly dues. They CAN NOT take anything that you dont designate them to.

I didn't designate them to take any of my profit sharing or lumps some payments. If what you say is true I WANT A REFUND!!!

The UAW is legally bound to do one thing, that is represent the membership in the best interest of the membership as a whole. The UAW is a not-for-profit company. They are in business to do one thing and that is represent the labor at workplaces that have or will elect them in. The UAW does their job well. The UAW can only be as strong as the membership. When you came to work in a UAW shop and signed the Union membership card, you gave the Union the right to be your authorized representative and you agreed to pay dues accordingly with the INTL Union Constitution.

The right to work states know that if the UAW or any other Intl Union didnt exist in their states, the average wage would only be at $10.00 per hour with limited to no benefits. Those who elect to remove themselves from the Union in right to work states are just only saving themselves the cost of Union dues. They have to accept the wages and benefits the UAW negotiates for them. They have no voice or vote. If they dont like what was negotiated, tough cookies, they elected to have their voices silenced just to save a few bucks and appease the right to work republicans. They have to take something they dont like and literally have it crammed down their throat, but they gave that up. And yes, Republicans are the right to work people, not the Democrats.

They UAW can not take a percentage of any buyout. They already got their share when you paid your monthly dues. They CAN NOT take anything that you dont designate them to. If the UAW and Ford would have negotiated a fee for the buyouts, the word collusion applies, meaning 2 parties collaborate for the good one one through others. If the UAW would have this so called fee, NLRB would be all over it, and YES, the NLRB is controlled by George Bush, the very man that wants the UAW to die!

What is really scary is the NLRB's upcoming decision to allow employers to classify all welders, pipefitters, electricians, concrete workers, nurses, pharmacist, secretaries, ALL truck drivers, machine repairman, heavy highway construction, bakers and all executives type jobs as supervisors, therefore making them ineligible for Union representation. If that decision goes that way then all the UAW skilled trades are screwed. Good ol'boy Bush will do this just to get one more poke at labor before he leave office. The NLRB has a 5 person decision panel, with 4 being appointed by Bush himself. The other was appointed by the first GHW Bush. This case is known as the 'Kentucky River' case, look it up. It's for real!

since when is the uaw a not-for-profit organization?? and since when does the uaw do thier job well?? since we pay union dues, shouldnt we have a voice? well, we dont, our voice is silenced since the uaw is our "attorney" in any dealings with the company. i could do a hell of a lot better representing myself, and save my $60 a month dues.....that would pay for a tank of gas. blame it all on bush, who is the clown that signed NAFTA into law?? bill clinton maybe? sounds like that democrat is really for the working man

since when is the uaw a not-for-profit organization?? and since when does the uaw do thier job well?? since we pay union dues, shouldnt we have a voice? well, we dont, our voice is silenced since the uaw is our "attorney" in any dealings with the company. i could do a hell of a lot better representing myself, and save my $60 a month dues.....that would pay for a tank of gas. blame it all on bush, who is the clown that signed NAFTA into law?? bill clinton maybe? sounds like that democrat is really for the working man

:fan:

And, may I add....I am now in a non-union shop, and I can be out of my work area for a solid week without a reprimand. My boss knows I work hard.....FUCK...the plant manager knows I work hard. I dont pay any dues, and I get my raises the old fashioned way...I earn them.

As a UAW member the union officers negotiate for the members and the members are stuck with whatever the UAW negotiates for them. The members have no voice or vote, only the elected union officers. The members have to live with what the UAW negotiates. Union officers negotiating with Ford is not collusion it is called representation and negotiation. You voted for the UAW officers and have to live with what they negotiate.

If you are a union member you will pay what the UAW says you will pay.

If you are not a union member you do not pay anything to the UAW.

Why do you think the chairmen/presidents are having so many meetings on buyouts? It is so they can ensure the UAW gets part of your buyout.

The UAW is worth over $1.2 billions dollars - do you call that non-profit

Look what the UAW does not want you to know.

United Auto Workers (UAW) has continually lost members but has still increased their assets. As of December 31, 2005 the UAW assets amount OVER $1.2 billion dollars -

TO BE EXACT + $1,235,803,647.00

Where do you think the UAW is getting all its money?

As a UAW member the union officers negotiate for the members and the members are stuck with whatever the UAW negotiates for them. The members have no voice or vote, only the elected union officers. The members have to live with what the UAW negotiates. Union officers negotiating with Ford is not collusion it is called representation and negotiation. You voted for the UAW officers and have to live with what they negotiate.

Why do you think the chairmen/presidents are having so many meetings on buyouts? It is so they can ensure the UAW gets part of your buyout.

United Auto Workers (UAW) has continually lost members but has still increased their assets. As of December 31, 2005 the UAW assets amount OVER $1.2 billion dollars -

First of all, The UAW is a not-for profit organization just as any Union is. The monies collected are accounted for through LM reports and they are for anyone to view at anytime. Each penny is accounted for and has to be spent for the collective bargaining purposes. I know, golf and vegas arnt collective bargaining. The not for profits are allowed a certain amount of monies used for non collective bargaining and administative cost.

Churches are not-for-profit but bingo halls sure make alot of money.

Second, they collect dues based upon calculations voted upon by the delegates sent to the Intl Convention. Any member that wants to change the Constitution has to submit in writing to the Intl President at a specified time frame when the next Constitutional convetion comes around. The change will be submitted for caucas and then to a sub commitee appointed by the Constitution delegates. The delegates poke and prod the the change and submit the 'change' for a vote by all delegates. If the delgates for for it, then it becomes Constitutional.

Third, again, when you signed up to work in a Union shop, you gave the Union the right to negotiate on your behalf. You do have a right to speak up. All you have to do is go to Union meetings and voice your opinion. Most who do go to meetings voice their opinion and go away pissed off because they didnt get the answer or responce they wanted. They usually hear floor chatter and run with it as the truth.

Fourth, thanks for using the wal-mart & right to work foundations web sites for your facts. It's true folks, wal-mart and the right to work foundation operate the unionfacts.com website. This information is also available and has been since 1995 online at U.S. Department of Labor's website, LM reports. I'm sure wal-mart and the right to work people are loving you advocating their website.

Fifth, the Chairmen/Presidents are trying to preserve GEN numbers in plants. If jobs are lost, they are never coming back. It has nothing to do with dues money. Its about head count. It takes 2 heads to retire to bring in one. If the company gets its way, when any amount retires, no one comes back! Consolidation of jobs.

Yeah and close to 1 billion is in our strike fund. I wish the UAW had assests of $10 billion. Who cares? What are they going to do, blow a billion bucks somewhere. I'm proud to be UAW whether everyone else is or not. I'm working (although I had to transfer) and am making a very good wage compared to alot of folks.

Yeah and close to 1 billion is in our strike fund. I wish the UAW had assests of $10 billion. Who cares? What are they going to do, blow a billion bucks somewhere. I'm proud to be UAW whether everyone else is or not. I'm working (although I had to transfer) and am making a very good wage compared to alot of folks.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY IS IN THE STRIKE FUND?? THEY AIN'T GOT THE BALLS TO GO ON STRIKE.........PISS ON UAW :kissass: