2010 Escape fan blower motor control?

silvrsvt

My wife's 2010 XLT Escape Fan blower only works when its set to full blast/4. I did some googling and it said its a relay in the dash that needs to be replaced...its near the glovebox...but does anyone have a part number or something I can use to find the part and order it?

Thanks!

What you are looking for is a Blower Motor Resistor. This is a comen issue with a lot of cars. In your Escape it is located behind the glove box, and top of the heater plenum. Just fold in the tabs on the side of the glove box door. Then fold it down towords the floor. Reach up on top of the plenum and disconect the harness from the resistor. Use a 1/4 inch ratched and loosen the two 8mm bolts. Once they are loose you can screw them out with your fingers. Pull straight up on the resister to remove it. Put it all back together in reverse order. Should not take more then 10 minutes start to finish. I have a NAPA number BR491, but they may ask for a build date or VIN number.

Hope this is some help to you.

I got mine from the local NAPA. There are two versions One for the auto temp and one for the manual..

I used this video as a primer. It took about ten minutes total when you have the correct tools ready. Cost for the part was a little over $20.00.