patience

bighurt74

If they don't have the VIN I don't see how they can be giving you a build date. The job is not sent to the factory, therefore not scheduled to week let alone day, until the Window Sticker is generated. It seems as though the build date is generally about a week after the Window Sticker is generated.

Below is part of my reply this morning to a private message in this thread. Hope it might help others.

When a vehicle is first ordered, the order gets placed into the USOB which is the Unscheduled Order Bank. The Dealer receives a DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) the next morning, which is a print out of the vehicle order with all vehicle specifications and prices along with the order number and a partial VIN number only. The initial order scheduling happens when the order is actually "Submitted to Plant" which happens usually on a Thursday when 95% of vehicle scheduling is done. The order can only be "Submitted to Plant" when the Dealer has scheduling allocation for that week and the order meets any commodity constraints or scheduling restrictions in place that week. When the vehicle order is "Submitted to Plant" the vehicle is scheduled for a particular production week and a full VIN number is created! So again, the full VIN number is created at the time an order is scheduled. That VIN number is reported to Dealers the next morning on the daily status reports and is also available via the Vehicle Visibility feature at FMCDealer.com.

Dealers receive a daily scheduling status report that shows all vehicle order scheduling status updates. Vehicle orders show up on this daily report for 3 days and then drop off the report until there is a status change and then they again show up on the report. It's a rotating display with orders showing and dropping off the report and then reappearing numerous times as the vehicle scheduling, production and shipping status is updated. In addition, all Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility program at FMCDealer.com which is Ford's communication portal and where all vehicles are ordered, tracked, etc. The Vehicle Visibility feature will show a vehicle order's latest status, location and complete history including rail car number and rail car location after the vehicle is shipped! It tracks the entire vehicle order history and status updates all the way from the time the initial order was placed all the way to the delivery at the dealership.

Ice i dont know what their issue is but monday morning someone is gonna tell me something because everything your saying is contradictory to what i was told. How can they give me a build date for the week of aug. 14th but not have a vin# is a big ??? Why lie about it ??? Whats the point ??