Where is the pension raise for legacy employees?

hotcarl

I see a 50% plus raise for tier 2 401k pension. Company contribution goes from 4% to 6.4%. I see nothing aded to the the defined pension for legacy employees. When was the last time there was a raise for our pension? Two or three contracts ago? I can't remember. I don't see two tier voting for us a pension raise in any future contracts as their numbers increase. If we don't get a raise to this this contract I doubt that we ever will. Say as a legacy employee you retire in 10 years, that means that you will retire with the same exact amount of lifetime monthly benefits that a guy who retired 20 years prior to you receives. Think about that.

HotCarl.......You could not have made this any clearer.....to those that are looking down the road to retirement. I know a retiree who retired with 50 years of seniority, and he receives the same amount of a 30 year retiree. Around 3200 a month. I totally agree with you on this, the lifetime benefit amount should be increased with every contract, even if its by pennies on the dollar. Its' better than being held at a standstill for the past 4-5 years.

Its' really up to "us" workers to CYA, cover our butts and invest your money ourselves. Don't depend on the IUAW to look to increase the lifetime benefit amount, especially when they will be the ones receiving two UAW pensions.

You do realize that your pension is your years of service multiplied by your LIB Life income Benefit

I find it hard to believe a 50 year man and a 30 year man have anywhere near the same benefit

Glow ...you must be young and short sighted...but believe me, you will need to quit someday and i believe a pension is the most efficient way to get there. Every contract the LIB should be raised....my opinion

• Like 1

Vote no and screw weecountry's investments! Continue to vote no! When does the best offer ever come first? You tell me. Buck the trend vote no. Thanks! Go ahead and count the votes in Lima they will pass it, they would vote on a blank piece of paper with all kinds of promises! Go 1219 the UAW must be proud of you but not as proud as the company!!!

• Like 1

It's sad to see what this forum has become no mature, intelligent debates just jabs at one another. It's sad to see what this union has become. Two tiers, temps, wage freezes for the hard working blue collar people, but bonuses for white collar and CEO pay that is off the charts. Sickens me to the core. This is not what Bill Ford wanted for his employees nor is it what Walter Reuther wanted for his members. Our fore fathers fought like hell for the standard of living we are just rolling over and giving away. I will vote NO unless it is a contract that I can feel good about, and this contract is definitely not it.

FYI: Weecountry, littlecountry, and CaptObvious don't even waste your time attacking me I will not reply to trolls.