No Buyouts at NAP

"Swami"

I wondered when you would throw you're 2 cents in the mix. jshep in you're heart of hearts do think FORD has any viable reason to offer 2400 people free money ???

F150 I'm a man of the cloth but I got news for ya, a prayer will not help in this instance !!!

Mr. Swami, Please don't "BET" on that!!!!!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said anything about company wide buyouts ??? not FORD, maybe Wall Street is clamoring for it. But I have yet to see it in print on the FORD Clip Sheet. Not gonna be company wide buyouts. Nobody left to build at NAP !!!!

If you are so sure of this, then explain why they have been offering buyouts at plants not scheduled to close and would aap also not be getting buyouts as well ? plus what is it that you do up at the glass house that makes you so knowledgeable ?

If you are so sure of this, then explain why they have been offering buyouts at plants not scheduled to close and would aap also not be getting buyouts as well ? plus what is it that you do up at the glass house that makes you so knowledgeable ?

SWAMI...............

S - Sucks

W - William jr's

A - American

M - Made

I - Idiot stick

I play golf with the "Man"

I play golf with the "Man"

well the next time you play a round of golf with the "MAN" ask him when we are going to get back to basics. and also why he recently had said that we would not cut our way to prosperity.. These are things I have asked him by email and he never has an answer..

I beg you're pardon, I'm a man of the cloth !!!

Yeah, a man of latex and leather maybe. I think that you are wrong and that you are an idiot, but if you turn out to be correct I will apologize. If we do get paid, we should all spend a little bit of the money and visit the glass house and he-b$tch man-slap Mrs. Swami.

Yeah, a man of latex and leather maybe. I think that you are wrong and that you are an idiot, but if you turn out to be correct I will apologize. If we do get paid, we should all spend a little bit of the money and visit the glass house and he-b$tch man-slap Mrs. Swami.

What makes me an idiot ?? just because I have a different opinion on how FORD is going to move forward ??

Once again "YOU" opened the can of worms when you refered to NAP as "SHITHOUSE".

The fact remains, no company wide buyouts, only if and when FORD gives the ok. They spelled it out for NAP when they told them they would be open till 08. Why do you suppose they chose that date ?? Do they need NAP's production now ?? Layoffs and down weeks till contract. Then no GEN, no need for buyouts. What a ruse by Billy Baroo and the "Terminator" Mr. Fields.

What makes me an idiot ?? just because I have a different opinion on how FORD is going to move forward ??

A difference of opinion is respectable. You never said that you were stating an opinion, you made the statement as a point of fact.

It makes sense to offer the buyouts to those at NAP for a number of reasons. I won't repeat the financial references made by others before me, such as how GM made it work for them, but instead will focus on the fact that NAP will not be the last plant to close. Now, if you worked at a plant that was going to be shut down in a few years, and you see that Ford just left the employees at Norfolk high and dry, would you just sit in the plant and keep going until Ford did the same to you? Most people with a hint of gray matter would start looking for other opportunities as soon as possible and move on towards their "career", leaving their "job" behind. Ford would start losing employees at plants on the "list" like it was the Titanic in its last throes of agony before being sucked down into the dark, swirling abyss of silence.

You are just trying to stir up discontent and anomosity. That, coupled with the fact that you began a sentence with a lower case letter....yep, that makes you an idiot.

Swami...asked and answered. Asumming the ENTIRE 21% production cut announced last

week is ALL F Series that is 189,000 units on an annual basis based on last year's 900k sales.

NAP's 2005 production was about 214,000 units.

So you are probably correct, Ford no longer NEEDS NAP's production which begs the question.

Since they cant CLOSE NAP until end of current contract in 2007 what do they do with "old girl"

Run on 1 shift for an entire year and lose even more money by having to keep paying wages

and benefits to 1200 people or more with even more down time ( does anybody really believe

light truck sales not just F Series will mount a miraculous recovery back up to current levels ? )

Or do they make the SMART move, offer company wide buyouts, again remembering that NOT everybody is going to take the lump sum cash option, and make that up front investment

in cost cutting to reap huge long term fiscal benefits and increased share prices and company valuations.

One more time....it is an emotional time for us, the rank and file, but those who make the decisions it

is BUSINESS, pure and simple, and in that context, FORD understands and knows what

is expected and what they have to do now. They no longer have a choice on selective buyouts

it is time for them to put their money where there mouth is and PR campaign and make

some "REAL BOLD MOVES"

Just look at the break even point and run the numbers.

30,000 people take $100k buyouts = $ 3 Billion ( but it wont be that much because not all will take the lump sum ) compared to just 5,000 people making $70k per year wages and benefits for just 10 years will cost

Ford $3.5 Billion. Every person past 5,000 who will take ANY buyout is just gravy to FORD.

Anyway you slice it it is a "no brainer"

Who would'nt invest $3Billion up front to save/make $8-10 Billion in a few short years, I wish I had THAT kind of ROI on MY money !

CUT THAT CHECK !!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

LOL....Go ahead and run those damn numbers F150.................Hell, I gotta take my shoes off to count past 10. :hysterical::hysterical:

SWAMI...............

S - Sucks

W - William jr's

A - American

M - Made

I - Idiot stick

GOOD GRAVEY!

A difference of opinion is respectable. You never said that you were stating an opinion, you made the statement as a point of fact.

It makes sense to offer the buyouts to those at NAP for a number of reasons. I won't repeat the financial references made by others before me, such as how GM made it work for them, but instead will focus on the fact that NAP will not be the last plant to close. Now, if you worked at a plant that was going to be shut down in a few years, and you see that Ford just left the employees at Norfolk high and dry, would you just sit in the plant and keep going until Ford did the same to you? Most people with a hint of gray matter would start looking for other opportunities as soon as possible and move on towards their "career", leaving their "job" behind. Ford would start losing employees at plants on the "list" like it was the Titanic in its last throes of agony before being sucked down into the dark, swirling abyss of silence.

You are just trying to stir up discontent and anomosity. That, coupled with the fact that you began a sentence with a lower case letter....yep, that makes you an idiot.

You will see why they call me the "Swami" here at the Glass House my spelling bee champ friend !!!!

Edited by "Swami"

I beg you're pardon, I'm a man of the cloth !!!

[/quote

If you are truely a "man of the cloth" or not I don't know....but God does.

If you are then these should be very familiar to you:

Proverbs 18:6-8

Psalms 57:4

Matthew 5:9 and 7:1-5

James 3:1-12

YOU KNOW THERE ARE MANY MORE ON THE SUBJECT....!

Sound like anybody YOU know.... ?

You will see why they call me the "Swami" here at the Glass House my spelling bee champ friend !!!!

That was the best you could do? No arguing or counterpoints, just that lame 7th grader remark? What the hell does "Swami" mean anyway? Is that Hindu for reach around? If you ARE an employee in the glass house, it is no surprise why this company in going down the tube.

:doh:

That was the best you could do? No arguing or counterpoints, just that lame 7th grader remark? What the hell does "Swami" mean anyway? Is that Hindu for reach around? If you ARE an employee in the glass house, it is no surprise why this company in going down the tube.

:doh:

"Swami" mean anyway? Is that Hindu for reach around?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to agree, like rats from a sinking ship.