Suggestions for sunshade

Stephen White

Intertech Ultimate Sunshade is the best. It's very high quality, folds and not rolls and comes with a nifty vinyl carrying case. I've been in contact with them and he said the 2016 should fit the 2017. I was skeptical so I went to a dealership, but unfortunately they did not have any 2016's with the sensor. The fellow at Intertech said the pattern maker has been on vacation and the screen for the 2017's should be out in 3-4 weeks. For my side and rear windows, I'm doing the same as I did for my C-Max, cut pieces of that silver bubble insulation to fit and press them in place. A couple of small pieces of Velcro at the top holds the rear window piece in place and the sides, pressed in, stand on their own and can be flipped over to fit the other side.

Edited by transitman
  • Like 1

Stephen, I notice your signature Fuelly average is 24.3, that seems a little low. My trip 1 is since I took possession and it reads 34.6 and my trip 2, since my last fill up, mostly mixed city is at 31.8. I'm pretty light on the throttle at take off, try to stay patient on the freeway and I use the stop/start feature.

... For my side and rear windows, I'm doing the same as I did for my C-Max, cut pieces of that silver bubble insulation to fit and press them in place. A couple of small pieces of Velcro at the top holds the rear window piece in place and the sides, pressed in, stand on their own and can be flipped over to fit the other side.

That sounds like a really good idea. Do you have any photos you can share of the installation of the insulation you have put on your rear and side windows?

That sounds like a really good idea. Do you have any photos you can share of the installation of the insulation you have put on your rear and side windows?

Unfortunately I don't. I did it on my C-Max, but haven't done it for my new Fusion and when I traded in my Energi, they didn't fit the Fusion, so off they went into the dumpster. The left over insulation is at my home in AZ and I won't be driving there until January. It's a little pricey to get an entire roll for this, the pieces I will use were left over from a project in AZ. It kept the interior quite a bit cooler (or less hot), thus keeping the HVB cooler.

Edited by transitman

• 2 weeks later...

I went ahead and ordered the Intro-Tech Ultimate Sunshade for the 2016 Fusion with sensor hoping it will fit my 2017.

My Ultimate Sunshade came today. If fits really nice side to side and top to bottom, but there's about a 2 inch gap with no coverage below the front facing sensor. I don't know if the sensor is smaller on the 2017 vs. the 2016, but I don't think it will be a big deal, 99% of the windshield is covered.

post-36355-0-77850600-1471378627_thumb.jpg post-36355-0-15148100-1471378641_thumb.jpg post-36355-0-60834400-1471378653_thumb.jpg post-36355-0-18299800-1471378669_thumb.jpg