140,000 to 180.000

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another reason that people with 10 or more years should get more is that you younger guys want us out of the way dont ya? I have enough time to stay...so if you want to be the one who stays you have to get rid of me first...so...show me the bigger money. I do not mean this as a slap...just reality.

Edited by fordtuff

I think ford is going with the work standards during this part of the whipsawing, since we already gave up our raise and cola to the VEBA account. But during the new contract for 2007 I think wages, pension and health care are going to be the items because everything else is being signed off on this year. The company is going to state that you have already agreed last year so lets keep the work standards in place

That is illogical!!!!!!

The longer you are there, the more time you gave, meaning if you leave, you have less time in your life to recoup.

If we extrapolate your logic, we should all be salary making the same amount, even if some of us only came to work 1 day a week.

It is the same in your retirement from Ford; the longer you work past 30, the more you get.........and yes, they were all in it together, and they all belonged to the same union, and depending on time served, they all got different amounts.

Still and all, besides those over 30, from the general population the ones they REALLY hope take it the most are the deadbeats, lol. They worked the least, and if there is any sweetening it will be to them so they go away. If that was to happen, it would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that in a protected union enviroment, the smart way, is the easy way. Hard work means nothing........unless the hard work you do is at avoiding work!!!!!!!!!

just my 2 cents.

BRAVO

That's all I want. Just enough to get started on doing something different. 70k would be a insult. that's less than one year slary and benefits.

Anyone who take $70k to leave is crazy. You can ride it out until the end of the contract and probably make the same amount and still have benefits.

Anyone who take $70k to leave is crazy. You can ride it out until the end of the contract and probably make the same amount and still have benefits.

Mabey you guys were not around in the late 70'S. There may be a sub fund and GEN bank but when the moneys gone, it is GONE.... That is just a fact. And with all the plant closings that money wont last, so if you plan on riding it out, STOP SPENDING, SAVE, SAVE and start looking for a job where you can at least feed your family untill a. You get called back to ford. or B. You lose your recall rights and decide to try and make it some where else. :titanic: :titanic:

I think ford is going with the work standards during this part of the whipsawing, since we already gave up our raise and cola to the VEBA account. But during the new contract for 2007 I think wages, pension and health care are going to be the items because everything else is being signed off on this year. The company is going to state that you have already agreed last year so lets keep the work standards in place

I agree. The 2007 contractt will be a total give back of most of everything that we have worked and negotiated for. :runaway:

I agree. The 2007 contractt will be a total give back of most of everything that we have worked and negotiated for. :runaway:

You have what Ford wants you to have. The union doesn't mean shit. Ford will take away what Ford wants to take away. Do you want your life to be controlled by Ford, or the union? Weigh your options, based on your seniority and your talents. Think for yourself. Do not listen to what others tell you. They will almost always steer you wrong. (Myself excepted)

Edited by Trimdingman

Do you think the UAW is going to pick Ford or GM to negotiate with? HELL NO.

They will pick Daimler Chrysler.

Chrysler is in a much better finiancial situation than Ford and GM. Chrysler will do hardly anything with the GEN and ford and GM will be forced to match it! Chrysler has the upper hand and will do anything they can to screw Ford and GM.

some of you were not hear in the 80"s. when thay shut a shift thay gave you a pink slip and said goodby.you got no buy out.thay dont have to give you shit . be thankful if you get anything at all.

That was in then and this is now.

Edited by TwinCityAssembly

Well we should hear something any day now. The UAW and Ford negotiating buyouts in a "secret" meeting as we speak. Then if Ford gets what they want, the board will vote on it Thursday.

But you know there will be a "mole" that discloses this to the media.

Hopefully right after todays meeting we will hear "SOMETHING" :runaway::banghead:

Edited by TexasBound

Mabey you guys were not around in the late 70'S. There may be a sub fund and GEN bank but when the moneys gone, it is GONE.... That is just a fact. And with all the plant closings that money wont last, so if you plan on riding it out, STOP SPENDING, SAVE, SAVE and start looking for a job where you can at least feed your family untill a. You get called back to ford. or B. You lose your recall rights and decide to try and make it some where else. :titanic: :titanic:

I started in the late 70's and got laid off two years two weeks after i hired in i know exactly what your talking about sub funds ran dry we had some sort of govt.assistance that when we got the check had to be signed back over to ford for them to issue us our check ,lot of people didn't and had to pay it back by way payroll deduct.when they got re-hired ,Hope for many sakes they don't run out of sub this time.

This is my point exactly. Just hard to believe that no one (union) organized to ask for a more reasonable buyout. I mean, they don't have to give jack, but since they are offering one, make it 200,000. Then a transformation they want will take place. Otherwise, the "deciders" are behind closed doors saying, "I can't believe they went for that crap (70,000-100,000). 13yrs for me and counting. They won't fool me with the current buyout. Riding it out.

Well we should hear something any day now. The UAW and Ford negotiating buyouts in a "secret" meeting as we speak. Then if Ford gets what they want, the board will vote on it Thursday.

But you know there will be a "mole" that discloses this to the media.

Hopefully right after todays meeting we will hear "SOMETHING" :runaway::banghead:

Please pick a new user name I have been using texas bound for over a year, not sure why you picked this one I picked it when I was moving from Michigan to Texas. Anyhow if you could pick something else it would be appreciated, Thanks!

Please pick a new user name I have been using texas bound for over a year, not sure why you picked this one I picked it when I was moving from Michigan to Texas. Anyhow if you could pick something else it would be appreciated, Thanks!

I picked this name cause I'm moving from Michigan to Texas in 2 months. Didnt know anyone had this name